View previous topic | View next topic

Heads up - Registration Process.

Page 1 of 1

Paul-R
1254931.  Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:49 am Reply with quote

Registered to this board a few hours ago, got your standard email which includes this paragraph:

Quote:
To make the most of the QI Forums, we'd be very grateful if you could read the following message, which explains what each of the forums are and what sort of things they contain:
http://www.qi.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=2011

That link does not exist. It goes to your standard 404 page for the site ("Despite that spring in your step and sense of purpose, you've hit a little bump in the road.....")

Also: the email ends with this message:

Quote:
Please also make sure that if you (or your ISP) are using an email spam filter that you include QI's domain name (qi.com) in its 'white list' (the list that contains domains from which you always want to receive email, and never delete or bounce it as spam).

You can't put that line in an email! If they have already put you on the white list, or their email does not catch your mails in a spam filter, then it is redundant, there is no point in adding it. But if it is necessary then that email will be eaten, they will never see that message, because they will never get that email! For it to do any good you need to put that message on the site, at the point where people register.

fwk
1254936.  Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:11 am Reply with quote

The link is http://old.qi.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=2011 I'm assuming the forum is/was going to migrate to a new one?

Jenny
1254961.  Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:17 am Reply with quote

Sorry that was confusing. The forums are staying on the old.qi.com site - the rest of the site has migrated to qi.com . I've drawn your post to dr.bob's attention, just so he is aware of it.

dr.bob
1255852.  Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:20 am Reply with quote

Many thanks. I'll update the standard email reply to include the correct URL.

Page 1 of 1