View previous topic | View next topic

Workplace and inappropriate behaviour

Page 23 of 25
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

barbados
1283091.  Thu May 03, 2018 4:25 am Reply with quote

not sure what happened here - 4g refresh possibly?

Last edited by barbados on Thu May 03, 2018 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total

barbados
1283092.  Thu May 03, 2018 4:27 am Reply with quote

Agree with you Alfred, but where we disagree is the acceptance that it would have been a male that reported the attire to the dean, then when that was pointed out as incorrect it moved to a male being the reason why the female teacher took the action she did. Had those roles been reversed and it was suggested that it was obviously because of a female a pupil was humiliated then you can bet your sweet ass that whoever made such a suggestion without foundation would have been jumped on by the same person that sees it as acceptable that it is appropriate to blame the male of the species.
If you are happy with that then good for you, for me I would prefer that nobody is treated in such a way.
So yes, I will labour the point when despite the suggestions otherwise from those involved an entire gender is smeared for an act despite evidence to the contrary.

suze
1283119.  Thu May 03, 2018 11:06 am Reply with quote

What you actually mean is that your mind once again thought "Oh look, suze has posted. Let me examine every word of her post with a fine tooth comb, because my greatest pleasure on Earth is picking holes in everything that she writes."

I don't know why you have such a huge problem with my very existence, and neither do I much care. But it's bullying, and I don't see why I should have to accept it.

barbados
1283121.  Thu May 03, 2018 11:45 am Reply with quote

Not at all true.
What I actually meant to say was exactly what I said - the fact that it highlighted an error in your post was incidental.

tetsabb
1283138.  Thu May 03, 2018 2:12 pm Reply with quote

Oh, come on barby, you reckon that other boys would not be gawping if she had a partner?
17-year old males?
I seriously doubt it.

barbados
1283143.  Thu May 03, 2018 2:23 pm Reply with quote

You might, I wouldn't, and most younger people I know wouldn't either.

'yorz
1283148.  Thu May 03, 2018 2:36 pm Reply with quote

A partner? *nonplussed*

barbados
1283149.  Thu May 03, 2018 2:44 pm Reply with quote

'yorz wrote:
A partner? *nonplussed*

What would you suggest in one word?

cornixt
1283156.  Thu May 03, 2018 3:09 pm Reply with quote

Partner or not, in the past/present, looking for one or not, if a girl is attractive there will be boys gawping at her. Availability may adjust attractiveness, but not to a huge extent that would stop most wandering teenage boy eyes.

'yorz
1283165.  Thu May 03, 2018 5:05 pm Reply with quote

barbados wrote:
'yorz wrote:
A partner? *nonplussed*

I thought we were talking tits? Where did a partner come into it?

crissdee
1283167.  Thu May 03, 2018 5:19 pm Reply with quote

tetsabb wrote:
Oh, come on barby, you reckon that other boys would not be gawping if she had a partner?
17-year old males?
I seriously doubt it.

barbados wrote:
You might, I wouldn't, and most younger people I know wouldn't either.

They are 17 year old boys.

She has tits

Q.E.D. They will be looking.

barbados
1283178.  Fri May 04, 2018 12:45 am Reply with quote

'yorz wrote:
barbados wrote:
'yorz wrote:
A partner? *nonplussed*

I thought we were talking tits? Where did a partner come into it?

I'd suggest it refers to post 1283086

Apparently ogling your mate's girlfriend's tits is acceptable in some areas. Not something I've come across.

suze
1283241.  Fri May 04, 2018 11:08 am Reply with quote

barbados wrote:
Apparently ogling your mate's girlfriend's tits is acceptable in some areas.

Acceptable might not be the right word, but it's one of those things that is "allowed" until you get caught.

Having never been a 17 year old boy I'm not best placed to comment. But I rather think that at the point when the boy realizes that he is in a good viewing position, he isn't really thinking about the possibility of getting caught looking. He's more concerned about making sure that no one else notices how tight his trousers have suddenly become.

One of the girls in my registration group has encountered this story, because it came up in conversation this morning. Her opinion was that while she would never come to school without a bra, it's really not her business what other girls do. She might think to herself "Jesus Kylie*, cover them up mate", but she'd keep the thought to herself.

* In fact, she used the name of a rather well-endowed girl in another registration group, and it isn't actually Kylie.

barbados
1283242.  Fri May 04, 2018 11:16 am Reply with quote

suze wrote:

One of the girls in my registration group has encountered this story, because it came up in conversation this morning. Her opinion was that while she would never come to school without a bra, it's really not her business what other girls do. She might think to herself "Jesus Kylie*, cover them up mate", but she'd keep the thought to herself.

* In fact, she used the name of a rather well-endowed girl in another registration group, and it isn't actually Kylie.

I would suggest that is more likely the scenario.
Having been a 17 yo boy once, and quite a few other nn yo, we are a thoughtless breed. Yes we might comment if someone directs us towards some "attire" but unless that happens boys, and men, are not observant enough to notice a bra-less (should that be one word?) female.

'yorz
1283246.  Fri May 04, 2018 11:34 am Reply with quote

You're kidding, right? Boys see tits even when there ain't any.

Page 23 of 25
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next