View previous topic | View next topic

Workplace and inappropriate behaviour

Page 21 of 25
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Jenny
1261565.  Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:00 pm Reply with quote

Sadly I think cornixt is right. I'm already seeing on FB a lot of Trump supporters doing a lot of 'whataboutism' regarding Democrats who have done nefarious things, as if that had anything to do with this particular election.

'yorz
1261649.  Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:54 am Reply with quote

Short films with examples of all sorts of sexual harassment in various situations.

filofax
1261907.  Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:42 am Reply with quote

They were all very uncomfortable viewing.

cornixt
1261918.  Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:16 am Reply with quote

Jenny wrote:
Sadly I think cornixt is right. I'm already seeing on FB a lot of Trump supporters doing a lot of 'whataboutism' regarding Democrats who have done nefarious things, as if that had anything to do with this particular election.

There's a report that he is 12 points down in the polls right now. We've had this before though at the last presidential election, where people gave false info to the pollsters because they were too embarrassed to admit to voting for a sexual predator, and that guy won. With even more girls coming forward, it's going to harder to say they are all lying. One girl even says she refused to give him her number at the mall (which he was later banned from for harassing girls), so he called her school and made her come out of math class just to ask her out on a date!

The election results will be interesting, but I bet that if the Democrat wins it will be due to low turnout from the Republicans rather than people switching sides.

Jenny
1262084.  Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:31 am Reply with quote

And now Al Franklen! Noooooo!

Strawberry
1274966.  Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:57 am Reply with quote

There's a programme about Harvey Weinstein on Channel 4 tonight. It's called Working with Weinstein and it's on at 10 O'clock.

'yorz
1282899.  Tue May 01, 2018 3:03 pm Reply with quote

Inappropriate behaviour, but by deans and teachers

A US female student forewent wearing a bra to her school because her skin was rather sunburnt and the garment hurt; she took great care to wear an thick, outsized, shirt, so as not to draw attention. Nevertheless she was body-shamed by dean and principal in an appalling manner.

This is the letter that ACLU sent to the Florida school re its unconstitutional dresscode.

suze's thoughts? Yes, I know suze teaches in a girls-only school, but still....

suze
1282908.  Tue May 01, 2018 5:03 pm Reply with quote

I've pretty much given up on being surprised by anything that happens in the USA.

No school of which I'm aware actually makes it a rule that girls must wear bras. My school doesn't, but at the same time it would be our expectation that cet par girls do wear them.

If it were felt that a girl were letting herself down by her bralessness, it would usually be for the registration tutor - i.e. me, for some of the girls - to have a Quiet Word. I've never needed to have that particular Quiet Word, although I have had the "next time, maybe wear a longer skirt" Quiet Word.

If I had that Quiet Word and it led to the girl giving me a good reason for her lack of bra, then we don't have a problem. A pupil's own wellbeing is more important than anyone else's perception of her, and if she really is finding a bra too uncomfortable then she is quite right to go without.

We are not told who originally identified a problem here, but I suspect it was a male teacher. Maybe he should stop checking out schoolgirls' tits.

'yorz
1282915.  Tue May 01, 2018 5:22 pm Reply with quote

My biggest gripe is that the girl had to jiggle around to prove that there wasn't too much movement of her breasts, and the fact that she had to put fucking elastoplast across her nipples. Unbelievable.

suze
1282921.  Tue May 01, 2018 5:35 pm Reply with quote

I refer you to the first sentence of my previous post.

'yorz
1282923.  Tue May 01, 2018 5:38 pm Reply with quote

Yeah. *sigh*

barbados
1282936.  Wed May 02, 2018 12:53 am Reply with quote

There are some pretty bold assumptions made in those preceding posts.
Particularly this one
Quote:
We are not told who originally identified a problem here, but I suspect it was a male teacher. Maybe he should stop checking out schoolgirls' tits.

'yorz
1282937.  Wed May 02, 2018 1:44 am Reply with quote

If it was a female teacher a fellow (male) student - that doesn't change the utterly embarrassing treatment the girl had to live through, does it?

barbados
1282940.  Wed May 02, 2018 2:21 am Reply with quote

No it doesn’t, but to assume that it was a male teacher that was “checking out a schoolgirl’s tits” is equally poor treatment.

My money would be on it being a female teacher that reported the concern based on nothing more than the article. There is nothing to suggest that it was a male teacher, same as there was no reference to the top worn, other than it was comfortable and had long sleeves.

Baryonyx
1282968.  Wed May 02, 2018 6:15 am Reply with quote

Some barbarian has left a box of Fabs in the office fridge (5 degrees C) for a week.

They're pure liquid squidge now, like a colostomy bag full of E numbers.

Page 21 of 25
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next