View previous topic | View next topic

D is Done. May E live for Eternity!

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Should there be a 5th glorious series of QI?
Of course.
40%
 40%  [ 43 ]
Well duh...
14%
 14%  [ 16 ]
Oh come on, do you even need to ask?
30%
 30%  [ 33 ]
Look, who writes these polls anyway?
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
Come on dear, we're leaving!
5%
 5%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 107

Gray
74131.  Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:01 am Reply with quote

(Well, I say 'done', but it's now being crafted into thirteen episodes, and will appear on your screens in the autumn...)

Welcome to your brand new, ultra-shiny, 'still smells of New Forum' forum for posting E-based QI factoids. Although we're not yet in a position to guarantee an outlet for what we fully expect will be the most quite interesting forum ever (the 5th series of QI not yet having been commissioned), we're quietly confident that the almost universal "Build it and they will come" paradigm will hold.

Rules that you already all know, I'm sure:

1. Interestingness - goes without saying.
2. Sources - please quote them
3. Enjoyment - see 1.

Stefan Linnemann
74379.  Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:29 pm Reply with quote

Now this is not a factoid, but a joke I recently came up with, which I gladly offer up for eternalization to the likes of SF to perfect, use and make merry with.

Back in the old days, when the first fish were still wondering whether this going ashore was worth all the trouble and pain, representatives of all the bacteria of the world came together for their first centennial congress on an Pangaean tropiccal beach, with topics listed such as "Wither bacteria?" (there's always one), "Multi-cellular life: dead-end or dead-cert?", "Up shit-creek? Who needs a paddle?", and many, many more.
The days and discussions passed, nutil finally the last day drew at an end, and all the bacteria attended the concluding beach-party, held around a puddle with lnog-rotted fruit,of which they drank. And as the patry wore on, more and more of the bacteria got intoxicated, untill at lat the party degraded into one giant orgy of sex, drugs and rock-and-roll. And everybody was doing it with everybody. Everybody? Well, yes,apart from E-coli, who had stayed at the hotel with the trots, after having drunk the local water. And so, when the morning sun illuminated the beach the next day, it was surprised to find there a pair of camels
and a pair of dromedaries, all severely hung-over with no memory of any pervious events. It is rumored, that the hang-overs have not yet passed.

Stefan, who immediately places this (feeble) joke in the public domain.

ficklefiend
74617.  Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:36 pm Reply with quote

New forum smell...like a mixture of freshly mown grass and lemonade, with just a hint of petrol fumes. Exactly the right mix of heat, sugar and chemicals to get the QI forum a-postin'.

Gray
105892.  Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:58 pm Reply with quote

...and also sufficiently intoxicating to the minds of those in the BBC with their hands on the purse-strings, because...

QI Series E has been commissioned for 2007

Ameena
106061.  Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:58 pm Reply with quote

Woohoo! :D

Jenny
106103.  Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:23 pm Reply with quote

Hooray! Superb news!

Celebaelin
106140.  Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:05 am Reply with quote

Woo, and one or more hoos.

cabs
106150.  Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:02 am Reply with quote

I think you've got to see it through to series 26 in 2028, guys.

Otherwise, you're going to get a dangerous pile up of Ignorance at the bottom end of the alphabet.

Then perhaps we can move onto digits.....

Gray
106172.  Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:31 am Reply with quote

Yes, that should keep us going for... some time. Maybe we can just do the even numbers - that would give us the middle of the week off.

I suspect that this important work will go on ("The Go On Show!") until Z even if it means starting our own channel to broadcast it.

dr.bob
106197.  Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:21 am Reply with quote

I would just like to add another "woo hoo!" to the mix.

grizzly
106200.  Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:23 am Reply with quote

It's great news

(hasn't it been on the front page for the last week or so though?)

woo hoo

Gray
106397.  Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:06 am Reply with quote

D'you know, I think you may be right. I was away, and someone put it up in my absence. I know some people don't look at the front page (I'm one of them) but all that's going to change...

As you were.

blau
132354.  Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:48 pm Reply with quote

Reviving a long-dead thread:

I would be blissfully happy to see an E series.

The A series premiered when I was first starting my year-long course in Brum and really saved my sanity those first few months (No friends in town = lots of Friday nights in for a homesick Canadian). I used to post here back then too (it's been a long while).

I'm heading back to the UK this spring/summer, hopefully for a couple of months at least, and I am crossing all appendages that I manage to get tickets to a taping while I'm there. Any ideas when they might be putting those shows together?

suze
132373.  Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:17 pm Reply with quote

Welcome back to these parts blau! Another of my lot hits the forums!

If it's anything like the D series, the recordings will be sometime around April/May, and the shows will hit the screen between September and Christmas.

I'm sure that if you stick around these parts long enough, the precise details will be posted as they become available.

Mandibles
140943.  Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:08 am Reply with quote

Ohhh I really need to get my supple paws on some tickets for the recording session this year. :) Now where is that credit card...

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next