View previous topic | View next topic

Moderation policy

Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

GuyBarry
1246317.  Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:40 am Reply with quote

OK, well fair enough I suppose. Personally I wouldn't see any harm in putting some of the information in post 1245280 into a sticky thread somewhere, so that newer members have a clearer idea of how things are managed here. Before this thread I wasn't aware that "QI Moderator" was an account that could be accessed by several different members, for instance. It helps to explain quite a lot.

While I'm on the subject of making things clear to new members, is there any chance of a update to the "How to Use the QI Forums" post (post 33152)? It refers to "I Series Talk" when we're now up to P, and it invites people to take part in "Qing Qong", which no longer exists. (I remember spending some time looking around for it when I first joined and giving up in exasperation.)

monzac
1246318.  Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:20 am Reply with quote

GuyBarry wrote:
... is there any chance of a update to the "How to Use the QI Forums" post (post 33152)? It refers to "I Series Talk" when we're now up to P, and it invites people to take part in "Qing Qong", which no longer exists. (I remember spending some time looking around for it when I first joined and giving up in exasperation.)

Well this is old.qi.com...

Alfred E Neuman
1246330.  Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:37 am Reply with quote

GuyBarry wrote:
crissdee wrote:
I'm sorry if you found my post insulting, I did not intend it to be. As has been pointed out by a number of people, this forum runs the way it does because the vast majority of us either like it like this or don't care either way. As I approach my decade on these boards, I cannot recall anyone else being motivated to complain about any issue concerning the running/moderation. This might suggest something to you.

Yes, it suggests that most of the members are quite happy to acquiesce in the sloppy running of the forum. Which is a bit of a shame in my view, because I think it could be a really good forum if run properly.

Never mind. I've been on worse run forums before. I'm a bit disappointed by the cavalier attitude expressed in this thread though.

Perhaps we don't agree with you that it's sloppy. I know I certainly don't.

But then I also know that you don't particularly care what anyone else thinks especially they don't agree with you.

Jenny
1246335.  Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:44 am Reply with quote

I have edited post 33152 in line with some of GuyBarry's suggestions, which I thought were reasonable.

Folks, will you please go and check it out and make sure I haven't said anything wildly inflammatory?

GuyBarry
1246344.  Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:11 am Reply with quote

Jenny wrote:
I have edited post 33152 in line with some of GuyBarry's suggestions, which I thought were reasonable.

Yes, Jenny, that's precisely the sort of thing I was looking for. Thanks for taking the trouble to edit the post.

'yorz
1246348.  Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:23 am Reply with quote

Looks OK to me.

monzac
1246366.  Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:08 pm Reply with quote

Looks good, Jenny.

suze
1246373.  Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:54 pm Reply with quote

Great work, Jenny.

Could I suggest a paragraph to be added to the "The Forums" section, in between the para on Quite Interestrings and the para on Series Talk.

This para is to concern the Sooper Seekrit Stuff forum, which was created for reasons outlined by dr.bob in post 765243. It was my idea, and when I suggested it to dr.bob he said words to the effect of "I can make it if you'll look after it", since spam was rampant at that time and we were keen not to give Jenny even more work.

The para reads something like this:

Sooper Seekrit Stuff is configured to be invisible to the Google crawler, for which reason it does not appear if you are not logged in. It is used mainly in December each year in connection with a quiz competition, and for this forum only the main moderator is suze.

Jenny
1246475.  Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:46 pm Reply with quote

Thanks suze - will do.

tetsabb
1246550.  Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:56 am Reply with quote

Looks good to me, though I see you expect us to behave like adults.
<<<Pulls up socks and applies a serious demeanour

Jenny
1246652.  Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:34 am Reply with quote

I gave up hope on you years ago tets. Fortunately you are rather nice :-)

'yorz
1246656.  Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:48 am Reply with quote

Have you ever met the guy, Jenny?

Jenny
1246658.  Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:49 am Reply with quote

Several times and you were there for at least one of them :-)

tetsabb
1246734.  Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:22 am Reply with quote

<<<<Blushing......

monzac
1246736.  Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:30 am Reply with quote

Oh come on now. You're being disingenuous... but you are a nice fellow ;)

Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next