0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Six
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

zonk
1243020.  Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:08 pm Reply with quote

In series B episode Bombs, It was stated only 6 American servicemen were killed on American soil in WW2.

However, in a recent series of 'Deadliest Catch' (2015nonwards), one of the captains set off fireworks to both celebrate 4th July and to honour the deaths of (I think) a whole parade of American servicemen in Alaska. They were in parade formation as it was morning when the attack too place near Dutch Harbour and the Japanese planes were mis-identified as American planes. these facts

I cannot confirm the information, but it may be worth checking.

'yorz
1243026.  Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:55 pm Reply with quote

Sorry for immediate doffcock, but I love the word nonwards.

zonk
1243033.  Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:12 am Reply with quote

I accept your doffcock and raise you an immediate apology.

My only defence is that the 'n' key is immediately above the space bar and too easy to hit by mistake.

By way of challenge, can you spot the other mistakes in my poor submission? I appreciate any corrective comments you may have.

'yorz
1243050.  Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:03 am Reply with quote

Nah. Even I can suffer typo's. :-p The message is more important.
Those in the know will soon respond, no doubt.

Jenny
1243097.  Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:39 pm Reply with quote

Technically speaking Alaska wasn't 'American soil' at the time, as Alaska did not become a state until January 3rd 1959, so we can reject the klaxon here.

However, you made me go and look up the incident, which was quite interesting so thank you for that and welcome to the forums.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleutian_Islands_Campaign

Spud McLaren
1243129.  Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:01 am Reply with quote

zonk wrote:
I accept your doffcock and raise you an immediate apology.
Welcome, zonk.

I am intrigued. "Doffcock" is a term unique to this forum (AFAIK), and since you are, or seem to be, a newcomer, I wondered what meaning you drew from it.

'yorz
1243132.  Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:11 am Reply with quote

zonk may well be the exception to the rule that the Search Forums option is invisible until it's pointed out (and even then... :-)

Page 1 of 1