View previous topic | View next topic

Phill Jupitus and his encylopaedic knowledge of rock music

Page 1 of 1

Rob Andrews
1241539.  Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:52 am Reply with quote

I have been bursting with frustration about this for years and it is only today that I have discovered this website and forum so I apologise if this has already been discussed.
In a long-forgotten episode of QI a discussion arose about the Judas Priest song that was alleged to have masked vocals saying "Do it! Do it!" that resulted in the suicide of two young American men.
Mr. Jupitus proclaimed loudly that the song was called "Suicide Solution" and this proclamation brought an end to the discussion at that time.
Unfortunately, Mr. Jupitus was a little tiny bit in error.
"Suicide Solution" is a song by Ozzy Osbourne and can be found on his album "Blizzard of Ozz."
I believe that the Judas Priest song was "Better By You, Better Than Me" from the album "Stained Class" - a song that the band hadn't even written (it is an old Spooky Tooth song).
I hope David Mitchell reads this forum. I'm sure it would warm the cockles of his heart having had his own show lampooned by Mr. Fry in another long forgotten episode.

Jenny
1241605.  Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:58 pm Reply with quote

Hi Rob and welcome to the forums. I'd like to think that David Mitchell reads this forum, but if so he's been quiet about it all these years.

Bondee
1241620.  Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:58 pm Reply with quote

Rob Andrews wrote:
I have been bursting with frustration about this for years and it is only today that I have discovered this website and forum so I apologise if this has already been discussed.

post 773231

post 773473

post 909249

post 1223063

Here's another link that you may find useful.

Rob Andrews
1241625.  Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:14 pm Reply with quote

Thank you both very much for the responses. It seems that I, too, have fallen foul of the klaxons and the ten point deduction. I'll just go and stand in a corner for a little while...

Jenny
1241669.  Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:52 am Reply with quote

Aww don't worry. Stick around - lots of interesting stuff on these here forums :-)

Page 1 of 1