View previous topic | View next topic

"Packets of things one's never heard of..."

Page 1 of 1

EpistoralWoman
1241382.  Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:47 pm Reply with quote

Dear Reader,

This line from Agatha Christie's "The Mirror Crack'd From Side To Side" best describes what I am undoubtedly going to bring to this barrage of intellectual hodge-podge. Why, you may ask, in a forum dedicated to obscure and beguiling knowledge should I be so singular? I am sound of mind and health, but like a Ming vase or an Ikea crockery set there is always a hairline fault.

I am from the South West. It's still 1994. There are amenities we do not yet understand nor have.

But I am strangely enough proud of this. It has made me into someone who takes life at a slightly different speed (what speed, I am entirely uncertain), and therefore allows me to perambulate through this world with a gawkish, Blyton-esque set of eyes. I possess few other skills than this.

When not writing numerous rambling letters to poor young gentlemen friends of mine (hence my name) I am a Music degree student, with a keen interest in musicology and classical performance. I've performed in works by Offenbach, Bizet, Handel, Charpentier, and Bernstein to name a few. I've managed to convince people that I know what I am doing enough times to get me cast. I, however am unconvinced by my own pretense.

I also have a mild hereditary deformation which means that I can make my tongue look like a pert pair of bottom cheeks.

I sincerely hope that I can make some sort of contribution to this forum. I doubt it entirely, but there we are.

With kindest regards,

EW

crissdee
1241383.  Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:59 pm Reply with quote

On behalf of our merry band, I welcome you to our humble forum. We have others who live around the part of the world (who will no doubt make themselves known to you in time) while I have some vague connections to the area, and sometimes skim past Bristol on my way to Wales.

'yorz
1241386.  Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:37 pm Reply with quote

Welcome, EW. Your raspberries must be spectacular. Do you follow through? :-)

Celebaelin
1241399.  Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:31 pm Reply with quote

EW

Not eww obviously; I was captivated after only your first paragraph - if your playing is in any way as entertaining as your writing I, at least, would be enthralled.

My major reservation is how on our ridiculous slime-covered rock you're going to live up to your introductory post with your subsequent ones! I look forward to finding out.

'See' (or rather read) you around I trust.

btw wrt that first paragraph - what line? Not that it maters of course.

Alfred E Neuman
1241401.  Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:00 pm Reply with quote

Celebaelin wrote:

"Packets of things one's never heard of..." perhaps?

tetsabb
1241415.  Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:37 am Reply with quote

Welcome, EW.
May your contributions be harrmonious!

Celebaelin
1241460.  Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:40 am Reply with quote

Alfred E Neuman wrote:
Celebaelin wrote:

"Packets of things one's never heard of..." perhaps?

D'oh!

Jenny
1241465.  Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:41 am Reply with quote

Welcome to you, EW :-)

BoysGreat
1241514.  Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:13 pm Reply with quote

Nice to see you here EW.

Prof Wind Up Merchant
1241627.  Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:48 pm Reply with quote

Welcome EpistoralWoman.

Page 1 of 1