View previous topic | View next topic

Hello there!

Page 1 of 1

SimonC
1237959.  Wed May 24, 2017 1:36 pm Reply with quote

Hello there, everybody! I've been 'lurking' about on here for a little while, but I felt that I probably ought to take the plunge now, so here I am!

I'm a student, from Essex and currently on a gap year. This has left me with rather more free time than I planned for and so, several Tuesdays ago, I went to an afternoon recording of one of the 'O' series shows. I don't know how much I'm allowed to reveal, but it was very funny and extremely interesting (obviously).

It was this that spurred me on to register myself on here, in the hope of finding more interesting facts! I never realised quite how much material was cut before now, but it was nearly 2 hours from start to finish! Oh well - at least I saw it all.

As for me personally, I am particularly interested in British history, aviation and science. East Anglia is a good location for an aircraft buff and hopefully I should have some interesting material to share on here before long!

Thanks,

Simon

crissdee
1237962.  Wed May 24, 2017 2:33 pm Reply with quote

Hello Simon, from a fellow Essex boy! There's at least one other resident of our county on here. We have a tame(ish) aeronautic engineer on hand, so feel free to dive in!!

Jenny
1238058.  Thu May 25, 2017 12:46 pm Reply with quote

Hi Simon and welcome to the forums :-)

Dive in anywhere - we've been around for quite a long time now so there are lots of old threads to browse through, as well as the more active newer ones.

tetsabb
1238120.  Fri May 26, 2017 2:25 pm Reply with quote

Welcome, Simon

We actually had one of our infrequent, irregular get-togethers at sunny Duxford a few years ago. Not far from your good self.

SimonC
1238144.  Fri May 26, 2017 5:30 pm Reply with quote

Hi everyone! Thanks for all your responses, it's nice to get such a friendly welcome. The more people from Essex on here the better - a vastly underrated county, in my humble opinion ;) Thanks ITV! I can't wait to get involved, but preferably when I find a topic that I'm absolutely sure of - don't want to make a fool of myself first time out! Duxford's a great choice - I've been there more times than I can count and still can't wait to go again!

Bondee
1238158.  Sat May 27, 2017 1:08 am Reply with quote

SimonC wrote:
I can't wait to get involved, but preferably when I find a topic that I'm absolutely sure of - don't want to make a fool of myself first time out!

WTTF, Simon.

Don't worry about making a fool of yourself. We've all done it at some point. Some of us do it every time we post! Join in with the chatty threads in General Banter before you post something more specific.

Prof Wind Up Merchant
1238207.  Sat May 27, 2017 2:29 pm Reply with quote

Welcome SimonC.

Page 1 of 1