View previous topic | View next topic

THE B SERIES: FEEDBACK

Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

brackett
8488.  Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:14 am Reply with quote

Dear the QI bunch,
I may be posting this thread up a bit too soon, but it is with good reason. QI the B SERIES will be on our screens very soon and it is hoped that this will generate a fair bit of press. As there are a lot of newspapers, magazines, internet sites and other…things, circulating in the country –it will be IMPOSSIBLE to keep track of them all.
Should you come across any –one even- that you have come across, here is the place to paste the review or tell people where they could read about it.
Also we could discuss what we thought of each of the new episodes and exchange thoughts on formats and segments for the next series.
Lot of love,
Brackett.

P.S. I will post this on the QI WEBSITE thread, but I came across a website: www.givealandaviesmorepoints.com you should all check it out. There’s not much there, and it is quite crap. But it’s a great idea.

Jenny
8493.  Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:34 am Reply with quote

Of course we know it will be magnificent...

brackett
8549.  Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:28 am Reply with quote

There is an article in this weeks RadioTimes (2-8 October edition. Cover photo shows Michael Palin to be looking content while being strangled by an elephants trunk and claiming, "I was an elephant in my former life.") Pg. 35 is a full-page article and interview with Stephen Fry on QI. And again on page 112, QI is selected as TODAY'S CHOICES for entertainment.

Unfortunately there is no link to show the article on line. So you will all have to by the mag to read it.

Jenny
8551.  Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:32 am Reply with quote

Dammit, some of us can't buy the mag and read it!

<shakes fist at BBC> Put it online, damn you!

laidbacklazyman
8553.  Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:16 am Reply with quote

Jenny wrote:
Dammit, some of us can't buy the mag and read it!

<shakes fist at BBC> Put it online, damn you!

This kind of thing I can put on my site in the "this week's show section" I'll pop out on my way home and pick up a copy so long as I can correct the problems I have caused this morning, I am quite suprised that cut and copy look so similar in the early hours of the morning when you want to do some work on your site during your lunch break.

<shakes fist equally at Bill Gates> then promptly gives oneself a slap round the head for rushing

Flash
8556.  Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:55 pm Reply with quote

Could you edit out the bit where Stephen says that there's no script?

raindancer
8559.  Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:58 pm Reply with quote

I confess I've never seen QI in my life. In fact, it's worse than that - I'd never heard of it. Aaagh!

Nice talkboard, though...

Jenny
8566.  Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:33 pm Reply with quote

Well you'll just have to watch the show and see what you think, raindancer! I saw three of this series being recorded and thoroughly enjoyed them, though I have no idea how they look once they're edited down for length.

Andy - thanks for that, if you can manage to get that article online. I'm in the US so I never get to see the Radio Times.

laidbacklazyman
8573.  Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:14 pm Reply with quote

Jenny wrote:
Andy - thanks for that, if you can manage to get that article online. I'm in the US so I never get to see the Radio Times.

I'm in the process of getting it on now, although I have now worked out why I'm not an editor, Its a whole page article which I am copy typing onto the site so I'm only putting the relevant parts on and it is proving difficult to end up with a page that makes sense

Jenny
8581.  Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:00 am Reply with quote

Awww that's sweet of you Andy! I didn't mean to ask you to do a load of work! I thought you had some highly techy way of doing it like scanning it in or something. Thank you. I'll pop into your site over the weekend and look for it, but don't rush if you don't get to it. It'll wait until you're ready.

raindancer
8582.  Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:45 am Reply with quote

Well you'll just have to watch the show and see what you think, raindancer!

You're not wrong...

brackett
8652.  Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:35 pm Reply with quote

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......GREAT SHOW.

Jenny
8663.  Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:13 pm Reply with quote

Brackett - apologies but I had to use my super-moderator powers <Bwahahahaha..... cue demoniacal laughter> to curb your enthusiasm a bit, as the post had stretched the page wider than my browser window could cope with!

Jenny
8669.  Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:42 pm Reply with quote

Everybody seen the article in the Observer?

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,6903,1323915,00.html

brackett
8670.  Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:03 am Reply with quote

Great. thanks for that Jenny. Excellent article, i particularly enjoyed the "this club is not for cool or hip people." section, though I have misquoted it. still very good.
Also Jonathan Ross apparently was talking about the show saying "thank the lord it is back on tele" so thats pretty good.

Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next