View previous topic | View next topic

No such thing wedding ideas?

Page 1 of 1

sandwiches
1224428.  Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:52 pm Reply with quote

I am getting married in June to a fellow No Such Thing as a Fish enthusiast. We would love to incorporate that into our wedding somehow - but walking down the aisle to the theme song doesn't quite seem right. Any ideas?

dr.bob
1224525.  Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:17 am Reply with quote

You could get four people to deliver speeches into microphones while sitting in front of a black and yellow sign.

Jenny
1224591.  Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:09 pm Reply with quote

You could incorporate interesting factual items about weddings on your invitations.

cornixt
1224627.  Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:09 pm Reply with quote

Every name tag at the table has a "fact" on it, people guess which one is the Dan fact.

Alexander Howard
1225243.  Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:16 pm Reply with quote

I'd avoid a themed wedding if I were you. I used to hang around with historical re-enactors (I know, I know...) and suggested adding an element of that to my wedding. I'd have got a couple of knight or Vikings to welcome guests, I got advice on washing the blade of the sword for cutting the cake...

Then my wife to be reminded me that this was a wedding, not a play and the only theme was me marrying her, and vice versa; and she wanted to marry me, not costume. A marriage is for life, not just for the time you are young enough to spend weekends leaping around muddy fields waving spears.

I took the point, and had a normal wedding that was all the happier for being themed just on she and me. We gave up re-enactment soon afterwards, having found far more interesting things to do together.

Alfred E Neuman
1225248.  Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:51 pm Reply with quote

Alexander Howard wrote:
We gave up re-enactment soon afterwards, having found far more interesting things to do together.

We started doing those things before we got married.

Page 1 of 1