View previous topic | View next topic

The TV Show

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Sapientum
8588.  Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:13 pm Reply with quote

Well I visited the shop again today and I used the requested QI Forum member greeting of:
Quote:
I am a QUITE INTERESTING TALK FORUM MEMBER AND I WANT SOME BLOODY SERVICE
..which was met with apparent incomprehension from the young lady serving me. In fact I think she might have been a bit taken aback by my use of the word “bloody” in which case, can you please explain to her and pass on my apologies if she was offended.

brackett
8589.  Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:21 pm Reply with quote

Ha Ha, that would have been either Kathrine or Barbara. You should have asked for the funny accented man. What did you think of it? Did you buy a book? Did you have a drink in the bar? Dammit man, so many questions, so little time, let us know....

Flash
8590.  Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:08 pm Reply with quote

Funny, I've always thought of Sapientum as a woman, only with sideburns. That's aliasses for you.

brackett
8591.  Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:55 pm Reply with quote

Oh, I don't actually know. I only used the word 'Man' in a way that only I am capable of doing. The completely wrong way. Sapi, who are you, man? woman?

Flash
8592.  Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:58 pm Reply with quote

Sideburns?

Commander
8593.  Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:53 pm Reply with quote

Sideboards?

brackett
8620.  Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:04 pm Reply with quote

Jenny, your guardian friend UNI came in to the bookshop today. She seemed a bit miffed that Carson McCullers was in Suburbia. But was unable to suggest another appropriate place for it to be put in.

Jenny
8638.  Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:19 pm Reply with quote

Oh that's funny! I'm glad she found her way in there - she's a thoroughly delightful person, and I'm hoping to see her when I come over in December (combining with a visit to your good selves at the book shop of course).

Beehive
9792.  Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:16 am Reply with quote

Well, no-one has ever asked me for some bloody service, so that means it must have been Barbara. (Incidentally, my name is spelt with a C, which is infinitely superior.)

Confucius
25014.  Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:53 am Reply with quote

Frederick the Monk wrote:
It's a book shop, a bar, a club and an excellent tap-dancing venue right in the heart of Oxford, on Turl Street.

I first read that as "lap dancing" and was tempted to give it a visit next time I was in Oxford.

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2