View previous topic | View next topic

Goooooood evening, good evening, good evening, good evening

Page 1 of 1

Johnny Dollar
1223112.  Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:43 am Reply with quote

G'day.

I've not had the pleasure of lurking this forum because I stumbled upon the site looking for something I've already forgotten about and emerged rabbit-hole-like just here.

I've been remiss with introducing myself, being the fat-fingered forum user I am. I've only ever joined two before; the first on dogs. I find them quite interesting, dog breeds and canine behaviour. After being there a while I learned that the old adage of dogs and their masters beginning to look like each other is not true: that the interwebz encourages some owners to become rabid versions of giant breed hyperkinetic monster dogs, is.

My next foray into forum life was brought about by an unending curiosity for Cecil Adams and his quest for fighting ignorance since 1973 (it's taking longer than he thought) - and that's about it in terms of my existing *cybervations. (*This is word I made up for cyberspace conversations and observations of people I think I know, who may or may not be real. I consider it the uber future life of 1967 when I lived on Gilligan's Island helping the Professor with his inventions and eating nothing but coconut cream pie.)

I live in Sydney, Oz and am not even a bloke. Nor do I want to be one (not that there's anything wrong with that!) Johnny Dollar is just the name I'd give myself if I was the man I don't even want to be, raking in almost 20% more salary for the past 20 years, livin' large, and figuring the Peter Principle must be about Peter - who seems absurdly relaxed and doing preeetty well for an incapable idiot.

I think QI is the best series ever devised, and had no idea how much more than a tv show it is, until now. Stephen Fry is the atheist's rebranding of god; and I thought nobody on earth could ever fill his chair after his retirement. How glad I am for Sandi Toksvig to prove me wrong. Although she does need a smaller chair. It diminishes her in a way nature never intended.

So hello all! I'm not exactly sure why I'm here and I'm sure I'll find out if someone's kind enough to tell me. Even through expressive dance. Or stick figure paper dramatisations.

tetsabb
1223151.  Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:49 pm Reply with quote

G'day to you, too.
Welcome aboard.

Johnny Dollar
1223251.  Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:05 am Reply with quote

Thanks, tetsabb! Appreciate the welcome. I feel like a square fish peg thing.

Jenny
1223317.  Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:14 am Reply with quote

Welcome Johnny Dollar - have a cup of e-tea and an e-biscuit and join in some chat :-)

Prof Wind Up Merchant
1223509.  Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:58 pm Reply with quote

Hello there Johnny Dollar.

'yorz
1223521.  Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:44 pm Reply with quote

Hi, Johnny $. No worries - I guess most of us oldtimers have by now forgotten why/how we got here. Doesn't matter. There's always coffee (not the best, but hey). and if you're sick of dry biscuits - feel free to bring some home-baked stuff. Enjoy perusing the numerous threads, old and new. :-)

Page 1 of 1