View previous topic | View next topic

Hypnosis, Hallucinations & Hysteria

Page 1 of 1

Johnny Dollar
1223063.  Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:07 pm Reply with quote

Apologies if this has already been dealt with; I can't seem to find reference to it. As a frightened and cowering newbie I trust the only lashings will be of lemonade if I've missed it.
It appears Phill Jupitus may have been slightly hallucinating during this episode when the subject of subliminal advertising comes up and segues to backmasking.
Phill incorrectly refers to this as 'backward masking' - and the Judas Priest court case brought about by the parents of the suicide, and failed suicide victims of two US friends of the band is mentioned.
In discussing the case, the exchange is thus:
Stephen: He also said, "Do it doesn't mean kill yourself!"
Phill: Stephen, the song was called 'Suicide Solution.'
'Suicide Solution' is from Ozzy Osbourne's 'Blizzard of Oz' album which did result in a similar court case, though of course not this one. I believe Phill was actually referring to the track 'Heroes End' from 'Stained Class.'
Has this already been noticed, and I've missed the hysteria?

Bondee
1223192.  Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:26 pm Reply with quote

Johnny Dollar wrote:
Apologies if this has already been dealt with; I can't seem to find reference to it.

Good evening, Johnny.

It has indeed been dealt with before, here, here and here.

Johnny Dollar wrote:
I believe Phill was actually referring to the track 'Heroes End' from 'Stained Class.'

As mentioned in two of the above links, the track in question was on Stained Class, but it was Priest's cover version of Spooky Tooth's Better By You, Better Than Me. The backwards track is available to listen to on YouTube*.

Johnny Dollar wrote:
Has this already been noticed, and I've missed the hysteria?

That was Def Leppard.
; )

*The management take no responsibilty for suicide attempts, failed or otherwise, that may occur as a result of listening to this track.

Johnny Dollar
1223250.  Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:59 am Reply with quote

Thanks, Bondee - I suspected it wasn't possible for it to go unnoticed. Unless of course the episode renders the viewing audience into a trance-like stupor.
Armageddon it, the Def Leppard thing..you animal... <snerk>

Page 1 of 1