View previous topic | View next topic

hi all

Page 1 of 1

spursystarman
1218420.  Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:45 pm Reply with quote

How ya troshin' from near Norwich. I have one of those weird minds that take in all sorts of facts (mostly useless ones) but can't remember what I went out to the village shop for. I do astrophysics but my degree is in linguistics, so I suppose I'm a bit of an absent-minded professor type.
So, starman and spurs fan, having just listened to our boys put 4 past Southampton. Other interests include Polynesian culture, calligraphy and arty-farty things generally. Also love Tolkien, and was formerly editor of the Tolkien Society's linguistics journal.

Jenny
1218431.  Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:23 pm Reply with quote

Welcome to you spursystarman :-)

Eclectic set of interests there! I remember as a teenager in the sixties trying to work out the languages in LOTR.

spursystarman
1218439.  Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:59 pm Reply with quote

I didn't encounter LOTR until my first year at uni, studying linguistics (and majoring in Celtic languages), so Elvish was very attractive, both academically and aesthetically!

Prof Wind Up Merchant
1218743.  Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:28 am Reply with quote

Welcome spursystarman. I support Spurs too. Looking forward to us thrashing Watford tomorrow and Crystal Palace beating the bloody Gooners (The later may be wishful thinking but we can dream). Splendid choice.

Page 1 of 1