View previous topic | View next topic

QI Events

Page 1 of 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jenny
69885.  Mon May 15, 2006 4:06 am Reply with quote

A thread for reporting interesting things going on around the country.

Last edited by Jenny on Tue May 16, 2006 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Jenny
69886.  Mon May 15, 2006 4:10 am Reply with quote

From July 3rd to July 28th, the Marmalade Cafe and Gallery in The Old Jam Factory, 27 Park End Street, Oxford, will be hosting a fantastic art exhibition. The exhibitors will be Dan Abbott showing his photographs, Claire Trumble showing her paintings, and improv artists A Suitable Case For Treatment.

The fact that the incredibly talented, beautiful, intelligent artist and all round good egg Claire Trumble is my god-daughter has no connection at all with me drawing this event to your collective attention. Oh no. However, if you are in the vicinity of Oxford you would be seriously depriving yourself of a treat if you did not, at some point in July, go and have a nice cup of coffee in the cafe and a wander round the gallery, which I am reliably informed is a terrific space for an exhibition.

welsh_diva
69913.  Mon May 15, 2006 8:06 am Reply with quote

A good day out is the Eisteddfod Genedlaethol Cymru, this year its on from 5th-12th August and its being held just outside Swansea. You dont have to be welsh to enjoy it, my parents dont speak welsh but love going.

They have world class choirs, musicians, poets, artists and dancers. The site, "Y Maes", has loads of stalls selling all sorts of quirky things. Its well worth a visit if you'r near when its on, you made need wellies though because it always seems to rain heavily every Eisteddfod week.

Cummerbund for Geography
69921.  Mon May 15, 2006 9:05 am Reply with quote

My wedding's on June 3rd...

Tas
69922.  Mon May 15, 2006 9:14 am Reply with quote

Commiserations to the incumbent Mrs CfG....

:-)

Tas

(Ps: Congrats and all that)

My holiday is due to start in six weeks! Woohoo!

welsh_diva
69927.  Mon May 15, 2006 9:44 am Reply with quote

Congratulations CGF.

The only thing ive got to look forward to (apart from the Eisteddfod) is my exam results, which i hope will be more celebration rather than commiseration.

swot
69970.  Mon May 15, 2006 4:28 pm Reply with quote

Congrats CFG. :)

Cummerbund for Geography
70242.  Wed May 17, 2006 6:06 am Reply with quote

Tas wrote:
Commiserations to the incumbent Mrs CfG....

I say that to her every day. But she's still here...

Tas
70243.  Wed May 17, 2006 6:19 am Reply with quote

Quote:
I say that to her every day. But she's still here...

To quote Mother Tas when speaking to Mrs Tas...

"It must be fascination with the horrible..."

:-)

Tas

Cummerbund for Geography
70279.  Wed May 17, 2006 8:39 am Reply with quote

I would like to clarify that my wedding is interesting, as we're having pie, chips and peas as the evening buffet. There was also a plan at one point to have four Basset hounds as the bridesmaids, but as an untrainable breed, we figured it might be a bit too tough.

96aelw
82364.  Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:07 am Reply with quote

I don't know if any you delightful people are likely to find yourselves in Edinburgh on the 3rd or the 12th of August (or any of the days between the two) with an hour to kill at 6 o'clock in the evening, but if you do, I would be pathetically grateful if you could see your way clear to popping in to watch my imaginatively entitled comedy spectacular "Alfred Williams Tells a Joke", and probably thus send my audience into single figures. It consists, as the title may have dimly suggested, of a chap called Alfred Williams (which is to say me) spinning out a shaggy dog story for longer than you might have thought advisable, and possibly playing the banjo if I feel the audience deserve it. Further details may be found here, or here.

Jenny
82541.  Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:46 pm Reply with quote

When we get to the F series, we ought to have a 'Fringe' panel, I think.

eggshaped
82550.  Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:04 am Reply with quote

Hi 96,

I can't promise anything, but I'll be there on the 12th, so as long as I'm not out leafleting or anything, I'll try to pop along. Best of luck with it anyway, is this your first jaunt into stand-up or are you a seasoned performer?

dr.bob
82777.  Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:21 am Reply with quote

7.00? Blimey, it had better be good! :)

Are any other denizens of this forum going to be around Edinburgh at that time? Perhaps we should arrange A Gathering.

dr.bob
83247.  Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:58 am Reply with quote

Well, that suggestion went down like a lead zeppelin :)

Page 1 of 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next