View previous topic | View next topic

You know you've been to too many Series D recordings when...

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

laidbacklazyman
69682.  Sat May 13, 2006 3:27 am Reply with quote

You are quite lucky though Jenny, You are after all only a temporary resident in the Watfordshire

suze
69746.  Sat May 13, 2006 3:39 pm Reply with quote

Jenny wrote:
As a fellow-commuter from Watford, I share Andrew's concern. And Stephen is right - are we London because we're inside the M25 or not-London because we're not a London borough? Aaargh - the indecision...

Surely Watford is not London because it's Hertfordshire. Although some of the outer suburbs are less clear cut - hard as I find it to understand, everyone I know is adamant that, for instance, Bromley is London and Kent.

They wouldn't stand for it in North America. The limits of each city - e.g. Vancouver - are very clearly defined. And people from places such as Surrey and New Westminster are most definitely not from Vancouver.

Jenny
69778.  Sun May 14, 2006 3:13 am Reply with quote

We know Watford isn't London suze, but being inside the M25 many Watfordians are London-wannabes. I am, however, only a temporary Watfordian, although I'm not sure being a Maineac is any better (Mainers of course do not actually call themselves Maineacs).

Andrew
69784.  Sun May 14, 2006 3:42 am Reply with quote

Not only is Watford inside the M25 but it also has a 'London' Underground station so it makes it even more confusing. I don't consider myself living 'in' London any more....not since I moved from the London Borough of Hillingdon in the 1980s but even then I was in Middlesex so I wasn't convinced :-D

samivel
69785.  Sun May 14, 2006 3:42 am Reply with quote

They should do, though.

Linda
69803.  Sun May 14, 2006 6:32 am Reply with quote

...when people keep mistaking you for an official/security guard because you look so confident and in the know...

Linda

laidbacklazyman
69807.  Sun May 14, 2006 7:53 am Reply with quote

When Mathew turns round and says you don't need a ticket, you're part of the furniture. You'll be working here next season!! now thats bad

Stephen Grant
69837.  Sun May 14, 2006 12:05 pm Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
Not only is Watford inside the M25 but it also has a 'London' Underground station so it makes it even more confusing. I don't consider myself living 'in' London any more....not since I moved from the London Borough of Hillingdon in the 1980s but even then I was in Middlesex so I wasn't convinced :-D

The Standard lists Watford as a 'London football club' - as does most of the other sports papers.

But then it has its own dialling code, and if you're a victim of crime, you're dealt with by Hertfordshire police.

The Bromley is Kent/London one is MUCH closer an argument though. I'll replace 'Watford' for 'Bromley' in my warmup and see if it gets a bigger laugh :)

Linda
69840.  Sun May 14, 2006 12:11 pm Reply with quote

laidbacklazyman wrote:
When Mathew turns round and says you don't need a ticket, you're part of the furniture. You'll be working here next season!! now thats bad

...when you know who Matthew is.

Linda

Andrew
69844.  Sun May 14, 2006 12:35 pm Reply with quote

Stephen Grant wrote:

The Bromley is Kent/London one is MUCH closer an argument though. I'll replace 'Watford' for 'Bromley' in my warmup and see if it gets a bigger laugh :)

I'll laugh as I know it's different from normal ;-)

Geri Halliwell does it every time though so no need to change that :-D

Is tomorrow your last one this series?

laidbacklazyman
69860.  Sun May 14, 2006 3:11 pm Reply with quote

It wont be long before Brighton becomes part of London.

loz
69861.  Sun May 14, 2006 3:20 pm Reply with quote

laidbacklazyman wrote:
It wont be long before Brighton becomes part of London.

Oh no! that means the inbetweeny bits of Sussex will be engulfed in the giant London conurbation!

I was a QI recording virgin until Tuesday of last week, but was the curly haired little girl that was forced in front of the white tshirt wearing people in the filming outside, so will be on the programme! *feels special*

Andrew
69862.  Sun May 14, 2006 3:23 pm Reply with quote

He he, you may have been standing next to me then :) I put my jacket on so my white shirt was hidden....but I was half on and half off the screen :)

loz
69863.  Sun May 14, 2006 3:25 pm Reply with quote

I remember you! I do believe I giggled at your attempt to ruin the continuity. Any idea when the show's airing?

Andrew
69871.  Sun May 14, 2006 4:12 pm Reply with quote

I believe you may have ;-)

I think that'll be aired October/November time...keep an eye on this site from around September time and I'm sure you'll see a mention of it :-)

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next