View previous topic | View next topic

Hello! Bonjour!

Page 1 of 1

CamilleM16
1195250.  Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:44 pm Reply with quote

Hello y'all! Bonjour tous!

Even though I have been in a long term relationship with QI and No Such Thing As A Fish, I have only just decided to join this forum, in order to chat with other people who like to discover new stuff.

I am a Canadian, in the purest idea of it: I'm from the French-speaking part, Québec, and dating an English-speaking gentleman from Nova Scotia. We've been all around our own country, but we now live in New Zealand, the "Canada of the South", due to its relationship with the bigger, more conservative and generally better-known neighbour (USA and Australia), with which we both have some sort of love-hate relationship.

I will be moving in England in just a few months' time, and I intend to go see some of the shows being recorded. I would also very much like to make a few friends here, so the boyfriend and I don't feel too lonely when we get to Oxford (our intended next place of residency).

I am obsessed with reading (biographies), tea, reading (novels), knitting, reading (general non-fiction), running, reading (short stories), hiking, and general reading. Have you read a good book/article lately? I want to read it!

I can't wait to chat with y'all. Bisous!

Jenny
1195256.  Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:32 pm Reply with quote

Hi Camille and welcome :-) You'll have to wait until next spring for the next series of recordings (assuming we get commissioned to do the O series, that is). Applause Store is the place to check out for when they'll be available.

I like your hobbies! I think we have a 'what are you reading today' thread somewhere, possibly in QI Lists, but it's been a bit dead for a while, so you seem like a good person to revive it - I'll go and see if I can find it to bump it up to the top again.

On edit - it's in General Banter and I've just posted on it so it should be fairly near the top.

tetsabb
1195271.  Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:40 am Reply with quote

Bienvenue, Camille!
What will you be doing in sunny Oxford?

CamilleM16
1195315.  Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:45 pm Reply with quote

Jenny - Thank you! I will do my best to make the reading page happening :)

Tetsabb - Thank you! I intend to do some temp jobs, or ideally to find something related to PR, marketing or public communications, seeing as its my background. Any chance to see you there?

franticllama
1195329.  Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:23 pm Reply with quote

Welcome Camille :)

Prof Wind Up Merchant
1203640.  Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:42 pm Reply with quote

Welcome CamilleM16

Page 1 of 1