View previous topic | View next topic

strange little things I find on the internet

Page 255 of 257
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 254, 255, 256, 257  Next

PDR
1390541.  Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:25 pm Reply with quote

I doubt it's really Bruce Springsteen - it's probably just another 22-year-old size zero supermodel who is grooming you so she can entrap you, ply you with drink and have her way with you. She only wants you for your body, Chris...

PDR

AlmondFacialBar
1390542.  Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:45 pm Reply with quote

Srsly, though, for every actual artist of note who is active on social media, there are ten imposters. The vast majority of the real articles also don't run their official social media presences (and less so when they're the wrong side of 40), so the likelihood that you indeed had an interaction with the Boss himself there is, sorry to rain on your parade, negligible. Realistically that's either a 16-year-old kid who'll make fun of you to his friends if you react flattered or anything up to a bot that's programmed to first win your confidence and then your sensitive data. Also, I'd be careful about using my real name on any social medium (says the person who doesn't only go by just that on FB, but also has one that's literally unique). It makes you unnecessarily vulnerable and thereby a target.

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

tetsabb
1390595.  Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:50 am Reply with quote

PDR wrote:
I doubt it's really Bruce Springsteen - it's probably just another 22-year-old size zero supermodel who is grooming you so she can entrap you, ply you with drink and have her way with you. She only wants you for your body, Chris...

PDR

And we wouldn't want that, would we?

CB27
1390604.  Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:34 am Reply with quote

Cue several months later, Bruce is on the Graham Norton show describing this one time he reached out to a superfan and got snubbed... :p

extremophilesheep
1390608.  Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:47 am Reply with quote

PDR wrote:

PDR

So many responses -
I don't think she can have his body, he's still using it himself. However, his body does seem to have some issues at times so if he gets a better body in return, I suppose she can have his.

AlmondFacialBar
1390612.  Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:19 am Reply with quote

CB27 wrote:
Cue several months later, Bruce is on the Graham Norton show describing this one time he reached out to a superfan and got snubbed... :p

*camera pans into the audience and zooms in on Criss* "And there he is! Bruce, meet your biggest fan!"

AlmondFacialBar

CB27
1390632.  Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:48 am Reply with quote

Graham gives him the mic.

"Bruce, do you know about the early days at the Kimberly diamond mines..."

:p

AlmondFacialBar
1390635.  Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:05 am Reply with quote

Not Jack the Ripper? ;-)

AlmondFacialBar

Alexander Howard
1390659.  Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:02 pm Reply with quote

And in Kent, they are panicking because a junior IT worker issued planning permissions and refusals in teen-speak, thinking he was just running an MC on the system:

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/sittingbourne/news/charity-told-proposal-is-whack-in-planning-blunder-253536/

suze
1390674.  Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:36 pm Reply with quote

The official explanation is that the teen-speak to which Alexander refers was entered by an IT person who thought he was testing a system, when in fact the system was live.

It could happen, although someone has screwed up big style if it did - but it's fair to say that not everybody believes that explanation.

Mid Kent Services is a consortium which runs planning and various other services for Maidstone and Swale, and indeed some other services but not planning for Tunbridge Wells as well. Whenever anything goes wrong, Maidstone blames Swale and Swale blames Maidstone - especially since it just so happens that Maidstone is run by the Conservative Party and Swale by the Labour Party.

The bad news for Mid Kent Services is that it has taken an opinion in chambers, and has been advised that these joke planning decisions are legally binding. The only way to reverse them will be to call a judicial review on itself - and that's going to cost money. For which Maidstone is looking to Swale, and Swale to Maidstone ...

tetsabb
1390779.  Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:35 am Reply with quote

Derbyshire couple turn over their parked car

I love the phrase used by the police spokesperson, "strengthening their relationship".
The day before had been djgordy's birthday. I asked him if he knew anything about it, and he denied all knowledge. But then, he is probably too damn tall to get in a Yaris, never mind do anything in it.

AlmondFacialBar
1390784.  Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:41 am Reply with quote

And that's why it's always best to leave a parked car in gear, too...

AlmondFacialBar

tetsabb
1390787.  Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:47 am Reply with quote

Voice of experience?
😉

AlmondFacialBar
1390789.  Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:51 am Reply with quote

I could not quite say tbh, having left my parked car in gear ever since I acquired my driving licence.

AlmondFacialBar

CB27
1390816.  Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:14 am Reply with quote

I'm guessing the earth really moved for them that time.

Page 255 of 257
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 254, 255, 256, 257  Next