View previous topic | View next topic

What have you Learned Today?

Page 4 of 346
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 344, 345, 346  Next

crissdee
1192241.  Tue May 17, 2016 4:56 am Reply with quote

TIL that it is time for another forum pruning session, hundreds of posts gone since last I looked.

JivviWesty
1192248.  Tue May 17, 2016 5:52 am Reply with quote

crissdee wrote:
There's a two bed flat for rent at 219 Baker St. Theoretically next door to where Holmes and Watson lived.

£1,475.

A WEEK!

Crap I'd pay that but sadly cannot. 😭

JivviWesty
1192249.  Tue May 17, 2016 5:59 am Reply with quote

I have a small vinyl collection. Amusingly at first friends thought I was into Pop Vinyl figures so I have an even smaller collection of those too. Cassettes are the new cool tho. I did have an 80s Walkman until about three years ago when I sold it for £500. I do like records, similar to my love of paper books. I never liked CDs. Have never knowingly bought one, all I own were gifted. I have a lifetime collection of approximately 9 DVDs too. About 200 vinyl records tho. A tiny amount but I have acsess to more thru fiancées collection and when I'm home thru my Fathers.

I've a film camera too from the 70s but I don't even know if it's broken the shutter button doesn't seem to make the funny pointer stripe go down fully thru the windowy bit... Lols x maybe I buy some film next time I'm passing a retrograde time travel shop. 😄 x

Not a film making camera (dad has those) a camera which has little film capsule things... You guys.. I know you know what I mean... 👀😂

AlmondFacialBar
1192252.  Tue May 17, 2016 6:42 am Reply with quote

80s Walkmen sell for 500 quid? Why wasn't I informed? Only Sony or other brands, too?

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

Stefan Linnemann
1192256.  Tue May 17, 2016 7:01 am Reply with quote

Efros wrote:
Sorry for your loss, I would have been apoplectic if that had happened to me. My vinyl collection was very important to me, but after I disposed of it and replaced it with CDs I don't have that physical attachment. Indeed I haven't played a music CD outside of the car in probably a decade, now all on hard drive. Although of higher fidelity the experience is not quite the same.

I was quite dismayed at the time, 200 albums gone, stereo with large quality boxes gone, and probably my neighbour from the apartment below to thank for it, but of course the police were not going to call out Tech guys to look for fingerprints for a little thing like that, or so I assumed, and never even informed them. I now got most of the albums on CD, and copied them to my hard disk, as my PC is the only way of playing them I have anyway, besides a walkman. Kept my room locked over the weekends when I'd be at my parents from then on, of course. But I mostly play music in my head from memory. Lost the ability to enjoy prolonged non-silence a long time ago.

JivviWesty
1192280.  Tue May 17, 2016 9:47 am Reply with quote

AlmondFacialBar wrote:
80s Walkmen sell for 500 quid? Why wasn't I informed? Only Sony or other brands, too?

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

I think most are about £50 now on ebay this was in a slightly prior to market saturation sale, although it was VERY nice a Sony one I forgot the year it was from but was early. It was my Dads I had his Bowie Low and The Cult Love tapes in it. 😊😊 I had the orange puffy foam ear things I think that is where the money was as they rot away, they hadn't been the ones used tho so had kept well. I think the money might still be there for good Sony ones and likely to go up soon as more ppl get wind of tapes being a fashionable thing.
It was in beautiful condition and v sexy but I felt a bit anxious at the time and ppl were calling me a twat on the tube for using it. So I sold, besides the saving in batteries alone.... Worth it. X

suze
1192304.  Tue May 17, 2016 11:30 am Reply with quote

crissdee wrote:
TIL that it is time for another forum pruning session, hundreds of posts gone since last I looked.

We hadn't had one for a while, so it was probably well overdue.

I don't think dr.bob actually counts the number of posts that are subject to pruning, but the number on this occasion may possibly be of four digits.

NinOfEden
1192402.  Wed May 18, 2016 9:14 am Reply with quote

My house is worth about £16,000 more than I paid for it. :-)
Petunias are perennials.

crissdee
1192431.  Wed May 18, 2016 1:57 pm Reply with quote

This phone goes back to the company on Friday, and with it my personal link to the interwebs. I will try to drop in from internet cafés as and when, but I can't make any promises. I have phone numbers for a couple of you, so I'll try not to lose touch completely. It would also be nice to hear from some of you. Bye for now! 👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐👐

bemahan
1192434.  Wed May 18, 2016 2:19 pm Reply with quote

Bye for now, crissdee. Hope things work out and you'll be back with us soon. I'm sure those with whom you are in telephonic communication will keep us up-to-date.

swot
1192440.  Wed May 18, 2016 3:41 pm Reply with quote

Well, before you go, here's mini-swot demonstrating proper chopstick use*, driving the car, and one of his artworks on the Peppa Pig painting app.

*Sadly, I didn't manage to photograph him picking up his sandwich with chopsticks. Everyone thought that was adorable.

suze
1192444.  Wed May 18, 2016 5:22 pm Reply with quote

I don't think I'd better ask about the middle Peppa Pig picture ...

PDR
1192446.  Wed May 18, 2016 5:32 pm Reply with quote

That was a visual youlgreeve for me as well.

You'll be slightly ahead of me on the naughty step, so could you put the kettle on...

PDR

swot
1192447.  Wed May 18, 2016 5:51 pm Reply with quote

I'm certain it wasn't intentional, but it's funny nonetheless. He's a chip off the old block, apparently. :-)

JivviWesty
1192925.  Tue May 24, 2016 11:19 am Reply with quote

Reeling from the Parisian law banning women from wearing trousers only bring repealed in 2013. State enforced homovestism GONE MAAAAD. 😂

Page 4 of 346
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 344, 345, 346  Next