View previous topic | View next topic

Fast Food

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Bondee
747810.  Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:55 pm Reply with quote

You'd smell like Starbucks everytime you farted for a few days if you used hot coffee!

Jenny
747837.  Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:53 pm Reply with quote

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee_enema, it is advisable not to introduce hot coffee into the lower intestine (Really? Somebody had to actually wonder about that?)

Spud McLaren
747848.  Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:12 pm Reply with quote

suze wrote:
If you had to have one of those things introduced into your anus, which would it be?
Well, it wouldn't be the bloody peach stone, that's for sure.

zomgmouse
747852.  Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:18 pm Reply with quote

ďFast food: I donít know why they donít just flush it straight down the toilet, cut out the middle man. That would speed things up.Ē - Ben Elton

suze
747869.  Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:53 pm Reply with quote

Jenny wrote:
It is advisable not to introduce hot coffee into the lower intestine (Really? Somebody had to actually wonder about that?)

The thing that makes me wonder more is how it came to pass that anyone ever thought it would be a good idea in the first place.

Should you ever have a bruised big toe, it is inadvisable to place it into a bath filled with concentrated sulphuric acid. But the idea of doing that to treat bruised big toes seems never to have occurred to anyone.

zomgmouse
747873.  Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:08 pm Reply with quote

"When I wake up in the morning, I just can't get started until I've had that first, piping hot pot of coffee. Oh, I've tried other enemas..." - Emo Philips.

scottydog
747977.  Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:32 am Reply with quote

The thing that I always point out is that, becsuse I've never really eaten fast food in any great amounts - and I mean the new fast food (McD, BK, Pizza Hut, Subway etc) - not good old fish and chips - then when I did try a Burger King I was sick (and I eat raw meat) and what I can only assume is the salt level made me feel bad for about half a day. On the odd accasion (usually at someone elses house when I don't have the choice) I never enjoy the food, it's relatively tasteless unless you want salt and a fatty slime on the roof of the mouth.

As for the speed thing, I dispute this. I keep my cupboards stocked and I would say going strainght home and making just about any grilled meat, pasta with fresh sauce, rice, grilled/roast veg etc etc is quicker than stopping on the way home, or if there's anything in it, the time difference is too small to REALLY matter.

I am not against fast food - I love food so therefore don't eat the garbage served in most fast food places

fury
785855.  Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:47 am Reply with quote

wilburrobert wrote:
I heard that they use rhubarb leaves to make Cyanide.
hence why you can never buy rhubarb with the leaves still on.

I think that MacDonalds have done nothing wrong.
It's the lack of education given to american (and now sadly british) children (and parents) concerning nutrition.

Maybe parents are just too lazy (or uneducated) to cook proper meals.

My parents frequently cook. and we dont slob about in front of the tv whiles't eating either.

The odd maccie's visit didnt do me any harm :p

This would be a lesson for parents to cook food for their children. Teach them the best way to protect their self. Nutritious foods are found only at home.

samivel
785920.  Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:48 am Reply with quote

Brace yerselves - nutritious food spam coming above.

Sadurian Mike
785969.  Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:40 am Reply with quote

fury wrote:
Nutritious foods are found only at home.

Not in my home.

bemahan
785983.  Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:56 am Reply with quote

Sadurian Mike wrote:
fury wrote:
Nutritious foods are found only at home.

Not in my home.

They are available in my home but are rarely used. Which leads to embarrassing situations if there is someone around who wants something nutritious as it's usually well out of it's sell-by date.

CB27
786022.  Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:56 am Reply with quote

Does roast cheetah count as fast food?

tscrisp
787087.  Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:07 pm Reply with quote

wilburrobert wrote:

I heard that they use rhubarb leaves to make Cyanide.
hence why you can never buy rhubarb with the leaves still on.

Oxalic acid is the problem with rhubarb leaves. The LD50 dose of leaves for the average person is apparently around five kilos.

http://www.rhubarbinfo.com/poison

Last edited by tscrisp on Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Janica10
787095.  Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:36 pm Reply with quote

Fast food is food that is quick, convenient and economical in general. Fast food can be purchased at almost any place that sells food and calories from food snacks.Fast are at the forefront and center of the fight against obesity in just signed no guidelines for restaurants and restaurant chains, distributors machines.fast is that salads are the best option. Fast food calories are easily found in the decisions you make when buying a salad. I know I can be a little guilty when it comes to choice of dressing.

<spammy link removed by Jenny - anybody interested in fast food packaging can google it>

bobwilson
787096.  Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:38 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Fast food is food that is quick, convenient and economical in general.

Quick, yes, convenient, yes - but economical? I don't think so.

Quote:
Fast are at the forefront and center of the fight against obesity in just signed no guidelines for restaurants and restaurant chains, distributors machines.

Does this actually mean anything? Is an English translation available? Given the link and the 1 posting - looks like spam to me. Not even very good spam.

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next