View previous topic | View next topic

Dinosaurs on the ark (from Messy)

Page 1 of 1

paulwinner
1181258.  Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:28 am Reply with quote

In the book "The Year of Living Biblically" by A.J. Jacobs, he met with the director of the Creation Museum (in Kentucky, USA). When he asked them for an explanation for the seemingly impossibility of dinosaurs, the size of which we know from bones, and the ark, the size of which we know from the Bible, working out. This man, a man holding a PhD (I forget what in), pointed out that we also have fossilized eggs of dinosaurs. He, the director of the museum, thinks it is the rest of us, who assume that all of the animals brought on board were fully-grown, that are wrong. It would have been much simpler to make cubby-holes, with straw in them to protect the eggs during the journey. God can easily have ensured there was one of each sex in the egg, and even suspended the gestation period of the eggs until safe ground has been found.

I don't agree with this theory, but I can't refute it's logic.

PDR
1181264.  Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:57 am Reply with quote

I can. There's a minimum population of each species required to ensure sufficient genetic diversity - typically suggested to be around 500 (IIRC) for humans.

So you'd need a lot more than two eggs of each species. Even the bible doesn't suggest there were only two of each...

PDR

Page 1 of 1