View previous topic | View next topic

Mistake on Last Night's Show

Page 1 of 1

grizzly
67143.  Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:40 am Reply with quote

BTW there could be spoilers in here (I'll try to hide these as much as possible).

A spelling mistake was made in one of the words that appeared in the background for one of the questions. Highlight:

plenipotentiary was spelt plenipoteniary (missing the second t) in the background behind the guests. It was written correctly in orange but the word was repeated in white with this mistake.

I don't know if this is something that can be changed before the show goes out in Spetember. I told Andrew about it when I noticed it but as faras I am aware no one else in the audience picked up on it (but then I didn't ask them).

No doubt if it can't be fixed there will be a flurry of emails when it goes on air. It wasn't that obvious though.

I don't know if Flash will read this anytime soon, he must be quite busy at the moment.

Sophie
67144.  Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:44 am Reply with quote

grizzly wrote:

I don't know if this is something that can be changed before the show goes out in Spetember. I told Andrew about it when I noticed it but as faras I am aware no one else in the audience picked up on it (but then I didn't ask them).

I picked up on it, and I think that's what Alan was talking about when he said "shouldn't it have a T" or something along those lines.

I must admit I didn't notice it until he said that though. Nul points for observation :(

grizzly
67147.  Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:54 am Reply with quote

I didn't pick up on Alan saying that. Perhaps they already know about it then.

Andrew
67156.  Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:25 am Reply with quote

Don't worry Sophie - I didn't notice it until Grizzly told me - by the time I got home (yeah I know it was earlier than you Grizzly :-P) I had forgotten the word - tried to remember it, tried to search for it but couldn't so I had to rely on the cleverer person to report it ;-)

Oh, and I also didn't hear Alan mention anything - maybe Grizzly was too busy telling me :-D

Gray
67161.  Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:14 am Reply with quote

Yes, we all noticed it in the Elves' Gallery too, but too late, unfortunately. The graphics people knocked it up at the last minute, and no one 'in the know' got their eyeballs to it for some reason.

We might just be able to do something 'in post'...

grizzly
67166.  Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:48 am Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
Don't worry Sophie - I didn't notice it until Grizzly told me - by the time I got home (yeah I know it was earlier than you Grizzly :-P) I had forgotten the word - tried to remember it, tried to search for it but couldn't so I had to rely on the cleverer person to report it ;-)

Oh, and I also didn't hear Alan mention anything - maybe Grizzly was too busy telling me :-D

I too completely forgot the word. I needed the assistence of Chris (the other one) who's memory of the event was flawless.

BTW I didn't get home until 12:10 and didn't get to bed until 01:30. Needless to say, I am rather tired today. I couldn't manage another trip. Before Friday that is :-)

grizzly
67168.  Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:53 am Reply with quote

BTW I assume the thread was moved here by Gray or one of the moderators (It probably belongs here but I wasn't precisely sure as it hasn't been on TV yet).

laidbacklazyman
67216.  Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:14 pm Reply with quote

Thats right Grizzly.
Mistakes always get discussed in the Green Room

Gray
67218.  Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:23 pm Reply with quote

Yes, I moved it over here.

You'll be pleased to note, however, that the corrected version of the overhead image projection was knocking around at the end of this evening's recording, so I assume they'll be doing something clever with it...

Andrew
67219.  Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:30 pm Reply with quote

He he, yes I saw something on the screen that looked awfully similar to last nights words 'mess' but from the angle I saw it at I didn't see it clear enough to see the words themselves :-D

grizzly
67222.  Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:07 pm Reply with quote

You got in to episode 3 then? How was it? Did they use the buzzers?

Andrew
67228.  Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:43 pm Reply with quote

Yep - see here. :)

Page 1 of 1