View previous topic | View next topic

Series 8/16

Page 1 of 1

Swede962
1166649.  Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:47 pm Reply with quote

Regrading the topic of losing you memory. I was in a car accident in 1997 in which I received a serious head injury. I did forget who I was, contrary to what was stated on the show. This only lasted for about a day. After that, I still didn't know other people. I thought that a female friend was my sister, even though she looked nothing like my sisters. Memory is a very strange thing. I remember (I know how this sounds!) the doctors asking me every day what my name is and where I'm from. Then they asked me where I was. Well, I knew the answer to the first two questions. But this one had me stumped. My bed was beside the window (I was in the Mater Hospital, Dublin) and I could see I was in a room with several people in beds. Also the people talking to me were wearing white. I could see I was attached to a drip. It still didn't click that I was in a hospital. Out of my window I could see the two chimneys of Mountjoy Gaol. Apparantly my face went white and I asked "what did I do?"!

'yorz
1166684.  Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:21 am Reply with quote

That must be scary, when the conclusions you'd normally draw, don't happen and you remain clueless.

Page 1 of 1