View previous topic | View next topic

Messing with your Mind

Page 1 of 1

nyx1325
1165696.  Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:19 pm Reply with quote

Stephen said that people with amnesia have no trouble remembering past information, but isn't he describing only anterograde amnesia? there is also retrograde amnesia which you can't remember the past, and other forms of amnesia in which you forget your identity altogether, such as fugue.

Jenny
1165807.  Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:42 pm Reply with quote

Good point. There are several different types of amnesia I think. My first husband, when he was a student, was knocked out by a squash ball hitting him on the neck in exactly the right place, and when he recovered consciousness he lost all memory of things like where he lived, who his parents were, how to get home, but he remembered all the chemistry he'd learned!

illu45
1165874.  Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:40 pm Reply with quote

Yep. Odd to see the series get something as elementary as this so wrong. Even the Wikipedia page discusses the difference between retrograde and anterograde amnesia.

cantremember
1166894.  Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:25 pm Reply with quote

Yea, annoying to see a mistake as amatuer as this. Let me assure you, you can lose your memory - due to a nasty dose of encephalitis 10 years ago there are big chunks of the previous 10 years that I can't remember. Really, really irritating guys.

Page 1 of 1