View previous topic | View next topic

Memory (Photographic Memory, Eidetic Memory, and Others)

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Can you see the spaceship?
Yes
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
No
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Not Really
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

'yorz
1165860.  Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:38 pm Reply with quote

I have absolutely no idea what you did/wrote on that exam paper.
Another case of whoosh. :(

Alfred E Neuman
1165883.  Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:52 am Reply with quote

Yes, but can you see the spaceship?

'yorz
1165904.  Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:29 am Reply with quote

I see spaceships all the time. Nothing special about that.

crissdee
1165913.  Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:11 am Reply with quote

Mine is parked just behind the "face" on Mars.

I shouldn't really have told you that..........😊

QualifiedIntermediary
1166365.  Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:25 pm Reply with quote

suze wrote:
Spud McLaren wrote:
Not being an elf, err, mys-elf, I don't actually know, but quite a few mere mortal forummers have submitted essays. Either the title is a bit tongue-in-cheek, or it's saying that you never know, there might be an outside chance...

All of the above.

There are at least four grades of Elf. It is not possible to apply - just like the secret service in days of yore, they ask you - but people absolutely have been asked to join the Elfhood on the strength of contributions to these forums.

I can't say any more than that or they'd cut my pointy ear off, but this page gives an idea of what they're after in the Essay Submissions forum.

http://old.qi.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=34489&start=0

I have waited about 10 days and I still have not gotten a response from anyone regarding the essay submission. Am I missing something? I noticed that other essay submissions before me got responses quite quickly most on the same day as the essay was posted.

I'm not asking for any special treatment. I noticed others who posted essays on the forum have yet to get any responses and most of those are older than my submission. No one, as far as I know, is required to reply to the essays posted there and I am not demanding a reply ASAP.

Maybe it's my fault and the essay is not good enough or that I was too late and the elves had already gotten this info before I posted the essay. I don't know at this moment.

I am not blaming you for anything it's just that you seem to have had the most knowledge about how the essay submissions work and I wanted to see if you knew what might be happening.

Alfred E Neuman
1166369.  Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:30 pm Reply with quote

You started a thread and people replied to that. Then you posted the same thing (largely) in an essay submission, so I don't think it's surprising that no-one repeated what they had already said.

QualifiedIntermediary
1166386.  Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:52 pm Reply with quote

Alfred E Neuman wrote:
You started a thread and people replied to that. Then you posted the same thing (largely) in an essay submission, so I don't think it's surprising that no-one repeated what they had already said.

That seems reasonable. I'm relatively new here and so I don't really know how the essay submission process works.

My understanding is that since the essay submissions forum is for prospective Qi elves that there would be something different said by different people.

I noticed that there were a couple people who respond to posts frequently in the essay submissions forum that haven't replied to the one I posted here. I was kinda expecting one of them to respond to the essay. Maybe I was being a bit too ambitious. They also could very well have viewed this post and didn't reply so there's that. I hope that explanation makes sense.

Jenny
1166391.  Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:59 pm Reply with quote

Basically, the elves are mainly interested in the essay submission forum, so I'm guessing that somebody will see it there. Most of us on these outer forums are mere mortals, though a few of us have a kind of gnome status. What you won't see are the research forums, as you do have to have elfhood to see those and we make them visible some time after a series is broadcast. I'd suggest you focus on N-related things, as that is our next research field.

'yorz
1166392.  Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:00 pm Reply with quote

Everybody at times posts something that doesn't elicit any replies.
Some even make it their life's ambition to start a thread that becomes a zero-post one.
The essays are essentially meant for the Elves to peruse.

QualifiedIntermediary
1166397.  Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:15 pm Reply with quote

Ah. Okay. Thank you both (Jenny and 'yorz) for the explanations. I appreciate it.

I understand now and will stop worrying about the essay. I will take Jenny's advice and focus on N-related topics for any new research I might do.

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2