View previous topic | View next topic

Creepy sound in British series

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

CharliesDragon
1144409.  Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:18 am Reply with quote

I got the choice of saving it or just opening it with Windows Media Player, which does technically download it as a temporary file, but not in My Documents.

AlmondFacialBar
1144436.  Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:06 am Reply with quote

Hearing a fox scream when it's quiet at night always freaks me out a bit, because the scream sounds so similar to a terrified woman...

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

suze
1144461.  Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:20 am Reply with quote

Alfred E Neuman wrote:
Suze might be able to call herself many things, but she chose to become a citizen and that makes her as English as your cricket team is. :-)

I became a British citizen, since there is no such thing as an English citizen. A person who becomes a British citizen is at liberty to choose whether to identify as English, Northern Irish, Scottish, or Welsh - and when first I became British, I did half-heartedly attempt to identify as Scottish.

That was because my mom was Scottish, but it was pointed out to me that she and I were not close (which was true) and that all of my time living in the UK had been spent in England (equally true). So I suppose I do really have to identify as English.

Then again, there's only one person in the current England cricket team who wasn't born in England. That'll be Ben Stokes, who was born in New Zealand but came to England at the age of 12 when his father, a professional rugby league player, signed for Workington Town.

Alfred E Neuman
1144473.  Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:56 am Reply with quote

suze wrote:
Then again, there's only one person in the current England cricket team who wasn't born in England. That'll be Ben Stokes, who was born in New Zealand but came to England at the age of 12 when his father, a professional rugby league player, signed for Workington Town.

I know. They've ruined it for me - and they're actually playing cricket from time to time too :-)

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2