4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Who Cares!
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 25

Efros
1350830.  Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:02 pm Reply with quote

There is a palpable fear that the corona virus and the shenanigans the GOP is pulling with postal voting may result in a lot of BS come election day, this coupled with mass voter culling from the rolls and other shady moves the election may well be much tighter than it should be in anything approaching a sane world. Remember he won the last time despite a deficit of 5 million votes in the overall poll.

suze
1350833.  Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:15 pm Reply with quote

Efros wrote:
Bolton revealing that he's an even bigger self centred shit than I thought he was, whilst also confirming how big a self centred shit his former boss is.

I have no agenda for Mr Bolton and I'm not planning to read his book, but one of his claims is that Mr Trump didn't know that Britain had nuclear weapons. Nuclear weapons came up in a meeting that Mr Trump had with Theresa May in 2018, and POTUS appeared surprised when Mrs May mentioned Britain having some.

If this is true, the man's ignorance scares me even more than I thought it did.

Efros
1350836.  Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:28 pm Reply with quote

Sorry suze but it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. That really is the level of his ignorance.

tetsabb
1350859.  Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:37 am Reply with quote

suze wrote:

If this is true, the man's ignorance scares me even more than I thought it did.

I am with you on that. Breath-taking, isn't it?

Last edited by tetsabb on Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

crissdee
1350860.  Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:43 am Reply with quote

Perhaps worringly in itself, but it didn't really surprise me that much. The man's overall ineptitude, and utter unsuitability for any public office whatsoever, has been obvious from the start of his campaign, and any further illustration is just added to the file.

Jenny
1350915.  Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:46 am Reply with quote

I'm with Efros in being seriously concerned about potential shenanigans at the polls come November. The chaos in Georgia recently was, in my opinion, a trial run. Large numbers of voting places were closed, mostly in heavily black districts, voting machines were broken and there were no paper ballots (which there should be) to cover that eventuality. We're all being encouraged to vote by mail, which in fact Woodsman and I have done for the upcoming local elections in Maine, but I would really like to see security for those votes beefed up considerably. As it is we essentially lose the anonymity of the vote because we have to sign the back of the envelope, so it only needs somebody to compare those names with whatever party you're registered with (if any) or other data gathered to find out your general voting tendencies, and decide to lose them. I'll be voting at the polling place in November, I think.

dr.bob
1351117.  Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:04 am Reply with quote

Lots of reports on the BBC about the number of empty seats at Trump's recent rally in Tulsa.

An interesting story doing the rounds suggests that lots of young people, many of them too young to vote, deliberately applied for loads of tickets with no intention of showing up. Hence the predictions before the rally of "millions" of supporters arriving.

Naturally the Trump team deny that they've been hoodwinked in this way. But then, they would, wouldn't they?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53129524

PDR
1351267.  Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:55 pm Reply with quote

This ran on CNN today. It's a short commentary by Steve Schmidt - a life-long Republican insider - he ran Lamar Alexander's 2000 presidential campaign, worked on Capitol Hill for Republicans, served as the communications director of the House GOP's campaign arm, shepherded Arnold Schwarzenegger to the California governorship, managed McCain's presidential campaign. That makes this piece rather surprising:

"Donald Trump has been the worst president this country has ever had. And I don't say that hyperbolically. He is. But he is a consequential president. And he has brought this country in three short years to a place of weakness that is simply unimaginable if you were pondering where we are today from the day where Barack Obama left office. And there were a lot of us on that day who were deeply skeptical and very worried about what a Trump presidency would be. But this is a moment of unparalleled national humiliation, of weakness.

"When you listen to the President, these are the musings of an imbecile. An idiot. And I don't use those words to name call. I use them because they are the precise words of the English language to describe his behavior. His comportment. His actions. We've never seen a level of incompetence, a level of ineptitude so staggering on a daily basis by anybody in the history of the country whose ever been charged with substantial responsibilities.

"It's just astonishing that this man is president of the United States. The man, the con man, from New York City. Many bankruptcies, failed businesses, a reality show, that branded him as something that he never was. A successful businessman. Well, he's the President of the United States now, and the man who said he would make the country great again. And he's brought death, suffering, and economic collapse on truly an epic scale.

And let's be clear. This isn't happening in every country around the world. This place. Our place. Our home. Our country. The United States. We are the epicenter. We are the place where you're the most likely to die from this disease. We're the ones with the most shattered economy. And we are because of the fool that sits in the Oval Office behind the Resolute Desk."

Hard to argue with.

PDR
[/i]

Efros
1351268.  Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:05 pm Reply with quote

He was joking...

tetsabb
1351276.  Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:48 am Reply with quote

Independent article reporting that Donald Jr is suggesting that, if any statues are taken down, they should be replaced with statues of Daddy.
He is as deluded as his parent!

crissdee
1351280.  Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:57 am Reply with quote

I think you might be missing the point there mate.

Quote:
Want to save our monuments?” he wrote. “Let’s get a movement going to replace any statue torn down during these riots with a new and more sturdy statue of @realDonaldTrump. The nonsense would stop instantly.”

The tweet seems to imply that left-wing and social justice-minded Americans so loathe Donald Trump that they would in fact rather protect statues of slaveholders than erect new ones of the 45th president.

Seems like he wants to keep the old statues, and is suggesting new ones of Daddy as a horrible alternative.

Jenny
1351353.  Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:43 am Reply with quote

Steve Schmidt, along with Rick Wilson (also solid Republican) founded The Lincoln Project, which has produced some brilliant anti-Trump adverts and has also endorsed Joe Biden for President in 2020. If you search on Lincoln Project ads you'll find rather a lot of them.

Don't mistake them for progressives - they are solidly Republican, but the old-fashioned pre-Tea Party Republicans. It is probably not an exaggeration to say that Joe Biden would not find himself uncomfortable among the Republican party of, say, the 1950s, the Eisenhower era Republicans.

I follow Steve Schmidt, Rick Wilson and the Lincoln Project on Twitter.

Alexander Howard
1351538.  Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:04 am Reply with quote

Yes, Trump is emotionally unfit for such a high office, or is such a good actor as to appear in that way so as to draw attention to his own uniqueness.

On the other hand, he has not gone to war with such happy abandon as did his predecessors, sacked his National Security Advisor for being a warmonger and nearly brought peace in Korea.

It could be worse: the first Republican Party president caused a massive civil war.

Dix
1351541.  Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:19 am Reply with quote

The term isn't over yet ...

Awitt
1351652.  Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:23 am Reply with quote

Just seen on my late news that Iran has issued an arrest warrant for Trump.

Page 234 of 238
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238  Next