View previous topic | View next topic

What has four legs and a sense of humour?

Page 1 of 1

grabagrannie
1105561.  Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:25 am Reply with quote

I found only one reference to the above when I searched the forums (I only looked at the L series). This surprised me as I thought others would have commented on the evidence produced for the answer being rats only showed that rats like to be tickled, which isn't the same thing at all. In fact, what I found in a google search was: Dr Jaak Panksepp, an Estonian-American neuroscientist and psychologist, found that tickling rats produces chirping noises which he says may be laughter. The sounds are too high-pitched for the human ear - but can be clearly heard if recorded on special equipment. The rats definitely enjoy being tickled – they actively seek out the hands of people who have done it to them before.

Dr Panksepp hasn’t managed to prove rats have a sense of humour, but he says that young rats have a ‘marvellous sense of fun’ and thinks they probably like slapstick.

What do the elves say to this?

'yorz
1108229.  Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:48 pm Reply with quote

A dog my late father in law used to have. When taken out for walks he would sneak behind my f-i-l and take a run and butt with his head right behind f-i-l-'s knees, so the latter would lose his footing and crash to the ground.
The dog would stand there, positively grinning.

[this story has been confirmed by various family members]

Page 1 of 1