View previous topic | View next topic

Levity - statue of liberty

Page 1 of 1

donnabert
1103561.  Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:52 am Reply with quote

I mean, besides saying that the copper was in fine condition (which it wasn't - it was in terrible condition - Hayden, Richard Seth; Despont, Thierry W. (1986). Restoring the Statue of Liberty. New York City: McGraw-Hill Book Company. ISBN 978-0-07-027326-9.) why do people at Qi have to slam the USA all of the time? It gets really old. As my husband and I watch it from Washington state, we know every time anything American is brought up, they are going to say how crap it was. It's one thing if 1. it's true, or 2. it's relevant, but why make stuff up like the French workers laid out table clothes and and wine each lunch when they didn't? And hearing Stephen Fry talking about how fat Americans are is like listening to Lord Sugar talk about class inequity. It makes you all look pretty dumb.

Posital
1103607.  Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:42 pm Reply with quote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replicas_of_the_Statue_of_Liberty

I knew there were two originals... but I saw something like this on display in a chateau in france (not this specific one):

Two flames, no book. I suspect it was meant to be comment on US foreign policy...

Page 1 of 1