View previous topic | View next topic

Liblabble

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Ian Dunn
1100977.  Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:46 am Reply with quote

Regarding a question that was never fully answered, what is the most marked-up item on general sale: greetings cards, cinema popcorn or eggs/omlettes?

Celebaelin
1100989.  Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:03 am Reply with quote

Pictorial art surely? A few tube fulls of paint (albeit attractively arranged) and a canvas can fetch millions.

bemahan
1100991.  Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:17 am Reply with quote

Maybe Ian could define what he means by "on general sale"?

Celebaelin
1100992.  Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:20 am Reply with quote

Yeah, I guess unique items can't be said to be on general sale.

On another matter was Voyager painted at all? If it wasn't could it look scruffy or would it simply be 'sandblasted'/'weathered' clean? If it was painted you'd have to use some seriously good paint.

The high gain dish appears to be white rather than metallic but I know so little about these things I can't speculate as to why that might be.

Ian Dunn
1101006.  Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:29 pm Reply with quote

bemahan wrote:
Maybe Ian could define what he means by "on general sale"?

I think this was what Rev. Coles said. I think by "general sale" they mean an item you can buy off the shelf, not something that is custom made.

djgordy
1101007.  Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:30 pm Reply with quote

Bottled water.

Oh, I couldn't help noticing that Mr. Davies was given the best buzzer sound this week.

grimwig
1101037.  Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:19 pm Reply with quote

in terms of buzzers, please tell me what bill and the rev richards were this week. Most enjoyable episode of the series in my opinion by the way

Ian Dunn
1101050.  Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:21 am Reply with quote

According to the iPlayer subtitles, Bill's buzzer was "Saturday's Kids" by the Jam, and Richard's was "Y Brawd Houdini" by Meic Stevens.

Posital
1101051.  Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:26 am Reply with quote

Digitally delivered videos?

extremophilesheep
1101056.  Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:23 am Reply with quote

grimwig wrote:
in terms of buzzers, please tell me what bill and the rev richards were this week. Most enjoyable episode of the series in my opinion by the way

I need the subtitles the BBC provides anyways (esp with comedy with laughter and fast talking) and they usually also tell me what the buzzers are. Might be an idea to switch 'm on solely for that purpose and then switch 'm off again if you prefer.

plinkplonk
1101074.  Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:54 am Reply with quote

grimwig wrote:
in terms of buzzers, please tell me what bill and the rev richards were this week.

*Rev Cole/Richard.

suze
1101077.  Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:56 am Reply with quote

"Rev Coles" is wrong, just as Cluedo's use of "Rev Green" is wrong.

"Rev Mr Coles" is correct but a little archaic, while "Rev Richard Coles" is by now the preferred form. "Rev" is pronounced "The Reverend"; it is considered incorrect to omit the definite article in speech.

He's of the High persuasion, and so "Father Richard" would be appropriate if you were actually speaking to him.

CharliesDragon
1101087.  Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:56 am Reply with quote

I have to say Stephen's attire was very Swedish... Well, his tie certainly looked like the Swedish flag, and the shirt and jacket complimented the overall impression.

I've actually become rather intrigued by Stephen's ties. On their own they should probably feature in some sort of Bad Taste contest, but he makes them work. For a long time I didn't even notice how outragous they are at times.

suze
1101089.  Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:07 pm Reply with quote

That blue and yellow outfit did not pass unnoticed in our house. Under the artificial light of our living room, the blue coat and the blue bits on the tie looked purple, and we were not impressed that Mr Fry appeared to be wearing UKIP colours.

djgordy
1101154.  Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:29 am Reply with quote

CharliesDragon wrote:
I've actually become rather intrigued by Stephen's ties. On their own they should probably feature in some sort of Bad Taste contest, but he makes them work. For a long time I didn't even notice how outragous they are at times.

He is certainly in danger of becoming a Richard Whitely tribute act.

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next