View previous topic | View next topic

Location, location, location.

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

CB27
1097861.  Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:41 pm Reply with quote

Then again, the crispy seaweed you order in restaurants is not seaweed.

And if you order turnip cake (which is delicious), it's not made from turnips, and is not a cake.

And if you're having Katsu curry, I hope you're not expecting cats :)

dr.bob
1097900.  Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:55 am Reply with quote

plinkplonk wrote:
Our Stig turned up as a mysterious monk-like portaloo.

Yeah, that was a surprise. Took me a while to recognise him in his monkly get-up.

Must remember to ask, next time I see him, if I can crouch at his feet and have a shit.

djgordy
1097906.  Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:18 am Reply with quote

AlmondFacialBar wrote:
They did, technically, and I dare say it surprised a fair few viewers how articulate Brendan O'Carroll is when he's not being Agnes. Btw, what's she ever done to you? If you don't enjoy her change the channel. Easy peasy.

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

Ah ha, you didn't see the sneaky whited out bit at the bottom of my post.. I don't recall ever saying anthing against Mrs Brown though.

AlmondFacialBar
1097907.  Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:19 am Reply with quote

No, I indeed hadn't. Was on my phone last night, which makes whited out stuff all but invisible.

AlmondFacialBar

djgordy
1097908.  Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:25 am Reply with quote

CB27 wrote:

And if you order turnip cake (which is delicious), it's not made from turnips, and is not a cake.

I think turnip cake is a cake. A cake is just a collection of particles of substance which are compressed into a compact mass. You can have savoury cakes, such as a fish cake or even non-food cakes such as soap.

CB27
1097984.  Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:01 pm Reply with quote

Ahh, but turnip cake is not served as a round shape, and when you have savoury cakes the definition is usually that they're round.

Don't forget, a henge isn't a henge just because it's called a henge :)

Troux
1098112.  Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:06 am Reply with quote

I almost forgot to mention, I absolutely adored Johnny's shirt. Strong nerd appeal there.

djgordy
1098116.  Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:17 am Reply with quote

CB27 wrote:
Ahh, but turnip cake is not served as a round shape, and when you have savoury cakes the definition is usually that they're round.

Ah, but note the word "usually".

AlmondFacialBar
1098132.  Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:51 am Reply with quote

CB27 wrote:

Don't forget, a henge isn't a henge just because it's called a henge :)

Introducing Achill Henge. A very Irish story indeed...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achill-henge

AlmondFacialBar

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2