1385520.  Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:17 am Reply with quote

Where were you driving suze?

Dix
1385525.  Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:44 am Reply with quote

Are we playing Location Bingo?
Dartford?

suze
1385528.  Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:58 am Reply with quote

At the time at which I found myself behind the Chevy, I was on the South Circ between Woolwich and the Well Hall roundabout.

I don't know the significance of Colchester, unless AFB's suspicion is that the owner of the car might perhaps be a soldier. If he is, well the Royal Artillery used to live in Woolwich but moved out to Salisbury Plain in 2007. The King's Troop still live in Woolwich, but they don't really do anything and they all went to public school so their taste in cars ought to be less vulgar.

AlmondFacialBar
1385531.  Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:56 pm Reply with quote

suze wrote:
At the time at which I found myself behind the Chevy, I was on the South Circ between Woolwich and the Well Hall roundabout.

I don't know the significance of Colchester, unless AFB's suspicion is that the owner of the car might perhaps be a soldier. If he is, well the Royal Artillery used to live in Woolwich but moved out to Salisbury Plain in 2007. The King's Troop still live in Woolwich, but they don't really do anything and they all went to public school so their taste in cars ought to be less vulgar.

Colchester as in darkest Essex...

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

crissdee
1385534.  Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:07 pm Reply with quote

Also home of the Parachute Regiment.

Regarding my previous comments and AFB's reply.

You are of course right AFB, but does that negate my opinion or disbar me from voicing it? If I offended anyone with my comment, I apologise for the offence, but not for the opinion. To my eyes, the woman in the picture you posted looked just as bad as I feared my mate's girlfriend would. Not "stunning", not even "attractive". Can women wear whatever they want? Of course they can. Deity knows that I am no style icon, but I know there are ways to dress that complement a person, and ways that don't. I could dress like a teenager or a gangsta rapper, but I know I would look even more of a tw*t than they do, so I dress to suit my age/size/worldview. Jo Brand and Sarah Millican are both larger ladies who do not apologise for their body shape, but still dress appropriately for it.

AlmondFacialBar
1385535.  Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:13 pm Reply with quote

Not stunning to you at any rate. There's plenty of gents out there who like that bodyshape and prefer to see it not covered by potato sacks.

AlmondFacialBar

Dix
1385537.  Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:18 pm Reply with quote

suze wrote:

The King's Troop still live in Woolwich, but they don't really do anything and they all went to public school so their taste in cars ought to be less vulgar.

They probably think they need it to get up/down Shooters Hill, then.

The King's Troop tend to be quite popular in that area. They exercise their horses on the streets in the area to the amusement of the locals, especially teenage girls, I suppose, and to the surprise of the not-so-locals that aren't aware of it.

crissdee
1385538.  Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:25 pm Reply with quote

That's why included the proviso "To my eyes".

Sarah Millican and Jo Brand, not wearing potato sacks.

;-)

Brock
1385539.  Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:26 pm Reply with quote

suze wrote:
I was on the South Circ between Woolwich and the Well Hall roundabout.

Oh you poor thing.

AlmondFacialBar
1385542.  Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:57 pm Reply with quote

crissdee wrote:
That's why included the proviso "To my eyes".

Sarah Millican and Jo Brand, not wearing potato sacks.

;-)

Oops, overlooked the proviso, sorry!

Anyways, interesting you should favour Sarah Millican in that flowery dress. She was bullied to tears about it on social media, mostly by other women whose internalised misogyny means they live their lives by the pronouncements of the Daily Heil's sidebar of shame. Which of course also only exists because women's bodies are regarded as public property. And that's why the nonchalant casualness with which you pronounce judgement about women's bodies and what we choose to adorn them with - twice over the past few days - makes me so incredibly angry. I don't feel personally offended, far from it (if nothing else I wear a size 12 these days and look socially acceptable in tight fitting clothes, so you wouldn't be hitting any personal insecurities with me there), but as a woman I do feel the need to call out sexism when I see it, especially when the person spouting it really is better than that - and you are.

AlmondFacialBar

Last edited by AlmondFacialBar on Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

PDR
1385543.  Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:05 pm Reply with quote

Dix wrote:
Dartford?

Mornington Crescent

PDR

AlmondFacialBar
1385547.  Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:23 pm Reply with quote

PDR wrote:
Dix wrote:
Dartford?

Mornington Crescent

PDR

You do realise that Tudor hunting lodge rules only apply when there's a blue moon in a leap year, right?

Croxley

AlmondFacialBar

PDR
1385552.  Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:48 pm Reply with quote

But the leap year has been brought forward due to Covid, so as every competent player knows that the Lord Wimslow variation applies in the upper right quadrant. Obviously the Wimslow Variation would normlly by trumped by observation from a Mercedes, but that doesn't apply where the Mercedes is moire than three years old. But I'll let you off this once and play my double joker to bypass Nid and segway to:

Arbroath Road (or technically "Eltham").

Meanwhile did you hear the old children's story about Master Horner who cried at the Wolfe...?

PDR

crissdee
1388201.  Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:06 pm Reply with quote

Dragging this back to at least part of the thread title, namely car registrations. On my evening constitutional, I found this;

I have never noticed it before, so I assume it is a recent acquisition.

Jenny
1388247.  Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:11 am Reply with quote

On this side of the Atlantic we can have vanity plates, at a cost of $15 a year on our registration, and so I chose one that's a three-for-one.

My car's license plate is BRITNME. It's a three for one because it can be read as Brit in me, Brit in ME (abbreviation for Maine), or (when Woodsman is in it as well) Brit and me.

Page 17 of 18
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next