21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
Goes Fourth
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 19

gerontius grumpus
52167.  Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:40 pm Reply with quote

Blackadder quite rightly features high in the best comedy thread.
I think 'Goes Fourth was the best series, what does everyone else think?

Last edited by gerontius grumpus on Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Celebaelin
52177.  Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:12 pm Reply with quote

Ah, but that's only because none of the other Blackadders ever said "wubble".

Natalie
52178.  Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:16 pm Reply with quote

It's a tough one, but I voted third, on the grounds that "Duel and Duality" has both Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie in, and is very funny indeed, and I have never seen the foretelling.

gerontius grumpus
52179.  Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:28 pm Reply with quote

On returning to this thread I found I had made some terrible typos (now edited) but worst of all, my last option in the vote has gone so nobody can vote for my favourite.
I have no idea how to put it back in.

What a cruel twist of fate.

Celebaelin
52182.  Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:36 pm Reply with quote

From previous attempts I think you have to put in one more option than you want to appear in your list of options. Not sure whether leaving it blank/filling it in matters, can't remember.

You should get the option to do this if you edit your initial post.

The Beeb (and everybody else) refuse to show Captain Cook again don't they? Perhaps someone can tell us if this is so. I know why if that is the case but I think it's slightly sad.

Last edited by Celebaelin on Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

tetsabb
52184.  Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:39 pm Reply with quote

Well I am going to vote for 'Goes Fourth'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So na na na neee na na

Quaintly Ignorant
52188.  Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:45 pm Reply with quote

II because of the mix of Queenie, Nursey, Melchet, Percy and Baldrick was just about perfect. Then Forth, III, Foretelling (Which I thought was generally underated).

"I may have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but I have the stomach of a concrete elephant"

"And in Genoa, 'tis now the fashion to pin a live frog to the shoulder-braid, stand on a bucket, and go 'Bibble' at passers-by."

Celebaelin
52190.  Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:54 pm Reply with quote

The Foretelling is my favourite period but the gags are better later. All good though

That's good, very good, in fact it's so good I'm going to have to...cheat <twang>.

Jenny
52192.  Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:04 pm Reply with quote

I added the Fourth option in for you gg.

gerontius grumpus
52196.  Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:25 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Jenny, you've saved the day yet again.

Archaenon
52224.  Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:16 pm Reply with quote

I'm partial to second. As much as I've watched it , I think I would have to go with II , or III.

Haha , Lord Flashheart was priceless. WOOF!

samivel
52227.  Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:50 am Reply with quote

Well now. I think that's a damned tough decision, but I'll go for III on the basis of Stephen Fry as the Duke of Wellington claiming that military success was 'all down to shouting'. :)

Archaenon
52231.  Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:54 am Reply with quote

samivel wrote:
Well now. I think that's a damned tough decision, but I'll go for III on the basis of Stephen Fry as the Duke of Wellington claiming that military success was 'all down to shouting'. :)

Where's my tea! Shout! Shout! and Shout some more!
He got sat on my Edmunds' time machine as Wellington in Black Adder : Back and Fourth.

Tas
52257.  Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:06 am Reply with quote

II wins it by a whisker for me, with III and IV neck and neck.

II, because Queenie was a bit tasty (I like red-heads, so what! Her nose was cute), nursey was barmy, Percy was...well....Percy and Bladders and Balders were the best comedy double act.

It also introduced Lord Flasheart...Hurrah! Woof! Sir Walter Rather-a-Wally Raleigh, and the Baby Eating Bishop Of Bath And Wells.

It probably had the best one liners in it too...

"Thank you, young crone. Here is a bag of monies....that I am NOT going to give you."

"'So you know her then?' 'No, it was a mere stab in the dark, which incidentally is what you'll be receiving...'"

"Percy....you can either drop it, or have your head cut off"
"Errrrrr.......errrrr.......errrrr......BUTTERFINGERS!"

"Nursey! I like it firm and fruity....WOOF!"

And of course, Tom Baker as a rather odd sailor...genius casting!

:-)

Tas

swot
52266.  Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:40 am Reply with quote

AGGH so hard to decide! I haven't seen much of the first series so I can't say anything about that, but I love the othere three series. Blackadder II just about wins*, with series 3 and 4 joint second.

*one word: Bob.

a few more: shorty, greasy spot-spot. Priceless.

Page 1 of 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next