View previous topic | View next topic

Series L recordings

Page 1 of 6
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Ian Dunn
1072776.  Tue May 06, 2014 2:32 pm Reply with quote

The names of the guests for the first episode have been revealed. Does anyone know the theme of the episode?

Sadurian Mike
1072806.  Tue May 06, 2014 7:16 pm Reply with quote

Yes, yes we do.

Luck and Losing (or some such combination). Good recording, went on for a looong time but was entertaining throughout. Good luck in editing that down to a single show!

The day was great and getting a shout out from Stephen was special - big big thank you from Janet and myself to He Who Organised it all (and I think we know who it was). That's the sort of wedding anniversary gift you can't buy.

germananglophile
1072807.  Tue May 06, 2014 7:18 pm Reply with quote

Ian Dunn wrote:
The names of the guests for the first episode have been revealed. Does anyone know the theme of the episode?

If the Wikipedia entering process is on top of it like it was for the K season I'm sure they'll be updating periodically. The panel guests for the first L-recording were entered pretty much right away after they the entry appeared on the QI elves twitter page you linked to...
So I'll keep checking here.

knightmare
1072838.  Wed May 07, 2014 3:36 am Reply with quote

If series L is being recorded: M Series Talk forum please.

Ian Dunn
1072840.  Wed May 07, 2014 3:40 am Reply with quote

knightmare wrote:
If series L is being recorded: M Series Talk forum please.

I would very much like this. As manga critic for MyM Magazine and someone who went to a university in Middlesbrough, there's a lot of stuff I can write about.

CB27
1072868.  Wed May 07, 2014 7:48 am Reply with quote

Have to admit, I'm disappointed at my lack of input for the L section, it's the fewest contributions I've put to any letters for some time. Hopefully, with a bit of time and stored knowledge, I might bring my game to the M section.

Sadurian Mike
1072910.  Wed May 07, 2014 11:02 am Reply with quote

Incidentally. I don't know if it will make the cut, but Clarkson brought up the old chestnut of 'two democracies declaring war on each other'. Now whilst I did shout 'Finland', I also know that it isn't true. Plenty of democracies have declared war on each other in history.

Just getting that in now, before anyone sees the episode and thinks, 'you spanner, you just reinforced a myth'.

suze
1072912.  Wed May 07, 2014 11:08 am Reply with quote

So are we saying that unless this part is cut or else Clarkson is rescued by clever editing, he will be made to look a bit foolish?

I can see this posing a major ethical dilemma to the production team ... Especially since it's mainly down to Clarkson that lots of people believe this myth to be true - he's used it a number of times on television before, and several times on these forums we've shown it to be nonsense.

Sadurian Mike
1072921.  Wed May 07, 2014 11:57 am Reply with quote

Hmmm.

I doubt Mr. C would mind too much (in the scale of things, it won't exactly be the biggest thing on his mind) and I'm just a random voice from the audience. It wasn't put out as a QI fact so no harm no foul.

For the clever edit I'm prepared to separately record, 'many democracies have gone to war with each over the millennia so that is a myth' instead of 'Finland', but it isn't really as snappy.

CB27
1072930.  Wed May 07, 2014 1:28 pm Reply with quote

Didn't he mention this "fact" on a previous series?

I reckon he should have a retrospective point deduction a la O'Briain :)

Ian Dunn
1072932.  Wed May 07, 2014 1:42 pm Reply with quote

CB27 wrote:
Didn't he mention this "fact" on a previous series?

I reckon he should have a retrospective point deduction a la O'Briain :)

Series B, Episode 4 it was mentioned on, which was actually Clarkson's debut appearance.

Here is a Wikipedia article about wars between democracies.

retrogirl64
1072981.  Wed May 07, 2014 7:17 pm Reply with quote

Checked for QI series L on Wikipedia for updates. Saw Suggs listed on the roster. Very thrilled to see his name. I play Madness every day for my students.

There is one student in my class who is actually calmed by the music of the Magic Brothers (Woody the drummer from Madness and his brother Nick). There is one song on their CD the Magic Line that instantly calms this student when he hears it. The song is called Sunshine. The student will go from screaming and being combative to happily singing along and dancing if I play this song.

retrogirl64
1072993.  Wed May 07, 2014 10:06 pm Reply with quote

Also I don't know if it will ever happen but I'd love to see Greg Davies or Rhod Gilbert on QI at some point.

Ian Dunn
1072996.  Thu May 08, 2014 1:27 am Reply with quote

What were the themes to yesterdays episodes?

tetsabb
1073086.  Thu May 08, 2014 10:30 am Reply with quote

Seeing as Mike and Janet were there on Tues, it is a shame it was not an episode dedicated to 'Leurve'

Page 1 of 6
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next