View previous topic | View next topic

The Clarkson Controversy

Page 62 of 63
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 61, 62, 63  Next

Which do you think?:
Yes, the word is too offensive to tolerate regardless of context or intent and so Clarkson deserves the pillorying
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
No, it was clearly accidental an was never broadcast, so the ones who should be censured are those who stole and published the edited material to further another agenda
96%
 96%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 25

PDR
1183456.  Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:38 am Reply with quote

barbados wrote:
and Westminster would have been able to confirm that they had gone through the storyboard with the production team and agreed that the footage would not be disrespectful.

The thing is that this is the part of the process that you keep making up - it doesn't exist and the council have no remit to do it. The council's remit is to assess the impact of any road closures, confirm that the appropriate crowd control measures are planned to be implemented by competent people and confirm that the appropriate risk assessments have been undertaken and documented. Other than minor tasks about notifications for use of simulated firearms, pyrotechnics and police/military uniforms & people that's it.

The council do not, and have no remit to do, a scene-by-scene review of the story boards for the shoots. And looking at the scale of charges for road-closure licenses they don't have the funding for the required resources to do it even if they wanted to.

Unless the proposed activity breaks some other law (there is no law making it illegal to do something disrespectful within eyeshot of a monument) they *cannot* withold a license on the basis of "not liking" what they intended to film. Heck, if the item being filmed didn't require a road closure and the film crew comprised fewer than five people they wouldn't even need a license...

PDR

barbados
1183469.  Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:55 am Reply with quote

In which case it is a very clever ruse and I've been found out. You've got me on that one.
I would have thought that hacking the relevant website and uploading the policy document I knocked up would have caught you out.

You're just too damn smart aren't ya

Spike
1183475.  Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:05 am Reply with quote

Strawberry wrote:
Jenny wrote:
<opens fresh pack of popcorn>

Mm, popcorn. :P

Any left? Or shall I pop to the shops?

barbados
1183480.  Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:14 am Reply with quote

Get the butter flavour please

bobwilson
1183868.  Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:10 pm Reply with quote

I do think this band is so much better than the one on the Titanic (pass the popcorn)

Jenny
1183968.  Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:12 pm Reply with quote

And the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

'yorz
1183977.  Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:35 pm Reply with quote

Heard about it. Heard it now for the first time.

barbados
1184194.  Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:14 am Reply with quote

Jenny wrote:
And the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

PDR
1197558.  Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:23 am Reply with quote

So now the dust has settled and they've finished the first series of New^2 Top Gear, and it looks like things are less than rosy for the GingerOne. If falling ratings weren't enough (see Here amongst others) this won't be making his case any easier...

PDR

PDR
1197559.  Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:30 am Reply with quote

Actually it now seems that the GingerOne has resigned from TG.

I wonder if Maclaren have made a decision about Jenson yet...

PDR

Efros
1197560.  Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:40 am Reply with quote

Hmm,I thought he was one of the least bad things about it. Watched the "finale" this morning and thought overall it was not bad. They need to get rid of the mini/rally track and the dual star thing, takes too much time and it's boring. Oh and Jordan definitely needs to go.

PDR
1197561.  Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:52 am Reply with quote

Efros wrote:
Hmm,I thought he was one of the least bad things about it.

Too shouty, to patently "hamming it up" IMHO.

Quote:
They need to get rid of the mini/rally track and the dual star thing, takes too much time and it's boring.

agreed

Quote:
Oh and Jordan definitely needs to go.

A bit harsh, but not difficult - running a hose pipe from the Med will cover most of it...

PDR

swot
1197567.  Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:48 am Reply with quote

Me LeBlanc will be pleased.

QI Moderator
1305797.  Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:20 am Reply with quote

You mean Me, Leclerc?

GuyBarry
1305799.  Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:24 am Reply with quote

Wow, that was a snappy response!

As I hadn't noticed this thread before, I would like to give my view that the word "Clarkson" is too offensive to tolerate regardless of context or intent. (That was the question, wasn't it?)

Page 62 of 63
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 61, 62, 63  Next