View previous topic | View next topic

Series K - Keeps

Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

'yorz
1035762.  Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:46 am Reply with quote

suze wrote:
Indeed, who actually watches shows when they are on any more?

I do. Sometimes resort to the +1 broadcasts but mainly watch live.

tetsabb
1035784.  Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:29 pm Reply with quote

'yorz wrote:
suze wrote:
Indeed, who actually watches shows when they are on any more?

I do. Sometimes resort to the +1 broadcasts but mainly watch live.

Being a shift worker, I hardly ever watch anything 'live'. We have a very busy little PVR box.

Ian Dunn
1037107.  Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 am Reply with quote

Correction: The Keeps XL episode is NOT on tonight. Instead it is the Kit & Kaboodle episode which is on at 20.30.

To put it another way, it looks like Keeps is another XL episode that is going to be postponed for months on end.

sally carr
1037114.  Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:39 am Reply with quote

The clue is in the title.

djgordy
1037116.  Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:49 am Reply with quote

Ian Dunn wrote:
Correction: The Keeps XL episode is NOT on tonight. Instead it is the Kit & Kaboodle episode which is on at 20.30.

To put it another way, it looks like Keeps is another XL episode that is going to be postponed for months on end.

Everyone will be watching Dr. Who so it it don't really make no mind which episode is shewn.

eggshaped
1037136.  Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:33 am Reply with quote

Hi pmailkeey,

Looking back at our research, I see that we didn't mean scarper in the sense of running away quickly, rather we decided that one should walk away from a cow slowly, as this isn't 'keeping still' we decided to label it 'scarper'. Unfortunately, as I've just watched this back, I see that we didn't explain this at all, and pretty much just showed a picture of some cows and added the word 'scarper'.

Here is one of our sources:
https://www.thebmc.co.uk/taking-care-around-cows

Quote:
If you find yourself in a field of suddenly wary cattle, move away as carefully and quietly as possible.

We seem to be guilty of oversimplifying to the extent of being wrong here; such is the danger of trying to explain things in a 30 minute comedy panel show format. But that's no excuse really; must do better.

crissdee
1037165.  Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:38 am Reply with quote

I know when my friend lived on a farm and kept cows, it always amazed me how easy it was to divert a ton and a half of of beef (their bull, Hugo) by waving your arms in a mildly active manner or even wearing a slightly unusual t-shirt!

vantheman
1037476.  Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:53 am Reply with quote

Ian Dunn wrote:

Another Beeb game of (ahem) keep-away?

Don't worry, I'll see myself out....

chrisboote
1037499.  Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:50 am Reply with quote

eggshaped wrote:
We seem to be guilty of oversimplifying to the extent of being wrong here; such is the danger of trying to explain things in a 30 minute comedy panel show format. But that's no excuse really; must do better.

Should you ever wish to score a cheap forfeit against a panel member (heaven forfend!) you could do worse ask a similar question about Cape Hunting Dogs
About 1/3 of experts* say run away as fast as possible
About 1/3 say stand your ground waving your arms
About 1/3 say slowly and carefully step away backwards

The Dogs say "We don't care, we're going to eat you anyway"

Almost every bush encounter between a solitary human and Cape dogs has ended badly for the human

* and I use the word experts quite incorrectly

eggshaped
1037514.  Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:40 am Reply with quote

That's L for 'Lycaon pictus'...

chrisboote
1037522.  Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:59 am Reply with quote

eggshaped wrote:
That's L for 'Lycaon pictus'...

As well as 'Lovely to Look at (from a safe distance or the back of a truck)'

djgordy
1037578.  Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:55 pm Reply with quote

eggshaped wrote:
Looking back at our research, I see that we didn't mean scarper in the sense of running away quickly, rather we decided that one should walk away from a cow slowly, as this isn't 'keeping still' we decided to label it 'scarper'.

Next time. do the research in the field.

("Field" - get it? Comedy genius.)

eggshaped
1037581.  Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:01 pm Reply with quote

Actually, I once went to Torpenhow to see if there was a hill by that name for QI - if there was such a place it would mean 'hill hill hill hill'.

During that 'field' trip I was chased by cows. True story. (not a particularly interesting story, but true nonetheless)

djgordy
1037590.  Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:30 pm Reply with quote

Note to self - do not exchange anecdotes with Eggshaped at parties......

chrisboote
1037677.  Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:29 am Reply with quote

I dunno, sounds like he could do with getting a few new ones

Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next