View previous topic | View next topic

Quiz Game adapted from kneetremblers post...

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

JivviWesty
1031836.  Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:58 pm Reply with quote

I've taken the liberty in making up some questions like the MENSA ones as posted here: http://old.qi.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=29180&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 by kneetrembler. Maybe if people like it they could add a few questions, I've called mine JivviWesty questions to like partition off from anyone else asking some, hopefully ppl want to play or I will look a prize cock. I like quizzes.


JivviWesty questions

1. 88 K on a P

2. 12 P W a G of E F, T G W a M

3. 12 M D by T G

4. 7 B in the H P S

5. 164 N C in the L P G

6. 7 R P by S (A, O R/T, O at C, A, E, the W of T and P)


:) some hard some not so hard. I hope they are all properly qi levels of correct.

Edited number 5!

 
julesies
1031844.  Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:32 pm Reply with quote

I got the easy ones! Still working on the difficult ones.

1. 88 K on a P = keys on a piano

4. 7 B in the H P S = books in the harry potter series

 
Posital
1031852.  Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:04 pm Reply with quote

5. 164 normal counting (non special squares) in the letter placing game (scrabble)?

4. 7 basepairs in 3-hexulose-6-phosphate synthase? bah beaten to it.

(not whited out as both are certainly wrong)

 
JivviWesty
1031859.  Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:14 pm Reply with quote

Posital wrote:
5. 164 normal counting (non special squares) in the letter placing game (scrabble)?

4. 7 basepairs in 3-hexulose-6-phosphate synthase? bah beaten to it.

(not whited out as both are certainly wrong)


Wows. what even is your 4? Both deffo wrong :)

 
JivviWesty
1031861.  Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:15 pm Reply with quote

julesies wrote:
I got the easy ones! Still working on the difficult ones.

1. 88 K on a P = keys on a piano

4. 7 B in the H P S = books in the harry potter series


:) yee

 
julesies
1031875.  Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:07 pm Reply with quote

5. 164 N C in the L P G = 164 nuclear chromosomes in the Lampetra planeri genome

EDIT: My roommate and her sister figured out this one:
6. 7 R P by S (A, O R/T, O at C, A, E, the W of T and P) = remaining plays by Sophocles (Ajax, Oedipus Rex/Oidipous Tyrannos, Oedipus at Colonus, Antigone, Electra, The Women of Trachis, and Philoctetes)

 
JivviWesty
1031913.  Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:45 am Reply with quote

julesies wrote:
5. 164 N C in the L P G = 164 nuclear chromosomes in the Lampetra planeri genome

EDIT: My roommate and her sister figured out this one:
6. 7 R P by S (A, O R/T, O at C, A, E, the W of T and P) = remaining plays by Sophocles (Ajax, Oedipus Rex/Oidipous Tyrannos, Oedipus at Colonus, Antigone, Electra, The Women of Trachis, and Philoctetes)


5 is wrong but well done on 6 :) :) that was one of the two hard ones but then sometimes the easy ones are harder.

 
zomgmouse
1031970.  Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:36 am Reply with quote

3. 12 Movies Directed by Terry Gilliam ?

 
julesies
1031987.  Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:08 am Reply with quote

JivviWesty wrote:
5 is wrong


Really? That's so weird that it fit so perfectly. Back to that drawing board!

 
JivviWesty
1032049.  Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:47 pm Reply with quote

zomgmouse wrote:
3. 12 Movies Directed by Terry Gilliam ?


Very close. :)

 
JivviWesty
1032050.  Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:48 pm Reply with quote

No attempts at 2? *rubs hands* might be a clue that, might very well be a clue...

 
Sparkyweasel
1032089.  Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:58 pm Reply with quote

2. 12 P W a G of E F, T G W a M ; 12 points wins a game of Eton Fives, three games wins a match?

 
zomgmouse
1032126.  Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:37 am Reply with quote

JivviWesty wrote:
zomgmouse wrote:
3. 12 Movies Directed by Terry Gilliam ?


Very close. :)


He has done twelve, though - is it another word I'm using incorrectly like "directed"?

 
JivviWesty
1032222.  Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:00 pm Reply with quote

Sparkyweasel wrote:
2. 12 P W a G of E F, T G W a M ; 12 points wins a game of Eton Fives, three games wins a match?


WHOO! :) well done hard one that I thought. minority sports need to be in more quizzes.

 
JivviWesty
1032223.  Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:01 pm Reply with quote

zomgmouse wrote:
JivviWesty wrote:
zomgmouse wrote:
3. 12 Movies Directed by Terry Gilliam ?


Very close. :)


He has done twelve, though - is it another word I'm using incorrectly like "directed"?


Has he? then you could argue that it is right, but yes another word is different in my intended answer.

 

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

All times are GMT - 5 Hours


Display posts from previous:   

Search Search Forums

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group