View previous topic | View next topic

QI set design

Page 1 of 1

Gray
53859.  Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:15 am Reply with quote

The very brilliant Jonathan Green is responsible for the set design for the QI studio (amongst many others you'll have seen on TV). Have a look at his blog, where you can see initial sketches, photos of construction, and its gradual evolution over the series.

http://theqi.blogspot.com/

What surprises will Series 4 hold? Anything you'd love to see? I think having the panellists' seats fitted with ejector seats to which Stephen has the controls might 'knock things up a notch'. (The show's insurance premiums for one...)

Jenny
54030.  Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:14 pm Reply with quote

Anybody else remember those buckets of slimy goo that Noel Edmonds used to dump over the heads of his unfortunate victims?

Zaphod Beeblebrox
54037.  Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:27 pm Reply with quote

I think Stephen should fly onto the stage from the ceiling.

But yeah, there ejector seats sound good. Either that or seats that Stephen has controls for that can give the panelists small electric shocks, like in that quiz Jimmy Carr hosted :p

eggshaped
54063.  Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:37 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
I think Stephen should fly onto the stage from the ceiling.

On a giant inflatable pair of breasts? A la The Darkness.

samivel
54077.  Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:01 pm Reply with quote

Stephen Fry on a pair of breasts? Seems unlikely ;)

grizzly
54177.  Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:03 pm Reply with quote

The buzzers already change each week in their sounds. How about changing the button itself each week. Some rather QI and amusing buttons could then adorn the desks of the contestants. How about coating them in the furr of the animals that will be featured in the show or something related to the sound of their buzzer?

jonnygreen
54492.  Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:11 pm Reply with quote

That's a nice idea...might be a bit impractical though, and am not sure the budget would stretch to anything too ambitious.
The idea of theming the set/props to a show has been discussed in the past.

Page 1 of 1