View previous topic | View next topic

Doppelgangers, Doubles and Decoys

Page 1 of 1

Flash
53466.  Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:10 am Reply with quote

Got to be something here. When the picture researchers come on board maybe they can find pictures of celebrity lookalikes for Stephen or Alan?

Otherwise a question showing George W Bush and his double ...

... or: how many doubles were used by Saddam Hussein (none that anybody can find, apparently).

MatC
53886.  Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:39 am Reply with quote

Flash, there was a big piece about doppelgangers in FT 205. Couple of snippets from that:

“In the 16th century, it was feared that some humans would actually help the fairies to steal babies; as a result, midwives had to swear not to substitute babies or to use magical incantations during childbirth.” Which latter would neatly put the kibosh on the New Age birthing industry, I’d have thought.

“Today, instead of fairies, it’s the authorities who are blamed for swapping babies.” eg, in the case of parents who refuse to believe that their disabled newborn is really theirs - it must have been switched at the hospital.

Flash
53931.  Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:58 am Reply with quote

I'll look at that.

'Dead ringers' too.

Flash
53968.  Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:07 am Reply with quote

Garrick has a nice idea for a gimmick, which is to put a Stephen Fry lookalike in the audience during the show when this topic is covered and then get the cameras to pick him out. Garrick's candidate for the job is this guy:

If we dressed him in identical clothes to SF, perhaps ...

Gray
53970.  Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:20 am Reply with quote

If we punched him in the face a few times, maybe - his nose is not nearly eccentric enough.

DELETED
54085.  Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:09 pm Reply with quote

DELETED

strukkanurv
862175.  Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:38 am Reply with quote

On the subject of lookalikes, I think John Cusack would be the perfect choice if they ever make a movie of the life of Rory Gallagher...

Page 1 of 1