View previous topic | View next topic

Davies admits panel gets the questions before the recording

Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

swot
1018368.  Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:19 am Reply with quote

tetsabb wrote:
I have not given AFB a kiss since May, in Bristol.
This was a chaste kiss on each cheek IIRC, continental stylee

Upper or lower cheeks?

PDR
1018370.  Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:21 am Reply with quote

Well the producers asked her if she wanted to switch to the QI job or try and do the two in parallel. After considering which path her career should follow Samantha has confirmed that she's game to try going both ways...

PDR

swot
1018371.  Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:23 am Reply with quote

*applause*

dr.bob
1018437.  Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:40 am Reply with quote

Asked whether the extra workload of keeping scores for both Jack Dee and Stephen Fry would prove to be too much, Samantha was quoted as saying that she was pretty confident she should be able to handle them both at the same time.

AlmondFacialBar
1018467.  Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:20 am Reply with quote

swot wrote:
tetsabb wrote:

Upper or lower cheeks?

Wouldn't you love to know that?

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

swot
1018469.  Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:30 am Reply with quote

All four?

Kinky.

PDR
1018479.  Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:22 am Reply with quote

swot wrote:
tetsabb wrote:

Upper or lower cheeks?

You're saying her double chins are spreading?

Harsh!

PDR

chrisboote
1018486.  Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:52 am Reply with quote

I have just been re-reading the transcripts for series 1& 2, and there is one guest who very often seems to know a tiny obscure fact - but not the facts leading up to it, if you know what I mean

E.g. they knew that CB Fry was offered the job of King of Albania, but not who CB Fry was

They are also a frequent, and probably popular, guest, and well known for liking to be thought of as knowing things, and thoroughly researching guests when he had a chat show

I am forming a suspicion that this person is our mystery guest who wants the Qs in advance... 8-)

Confucius
1020754.  Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:38 pm Reply with quote

Well, it may well be Clive Anderson. But I still rate him as an amusing panellist, more so than some of the talentless dross like that fat northern thing that rarely shaves.

Sigh, quite like Sara Pascoe. If only she were a meat-eater.

tetsabb
1020768.  Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:34 pm Reply with quote

Confucius wrote:
Sigh, quite like Sara Pascoe. If only she were a meat-eater.

Down, boy....

Troux
1020793.  Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:06 am Reply with quote

Confucius wrote:
Well, it may well be Clive Anderson. But I still rate him as an amusing panellist, more so than some of the talentless dross like that fat northern thing that rarely shaves.

You mean the Johnny Vegas Show featuring Stephen Fry?

I actually really enjoyed Sarah Millican, but I can't help but wonder why James May hasn't made it on, I think he would be brilliant, as the show sometimes becomes starved for intelligent conversation when some of the more pop culture flavor-of-the-week guests are on.

chrisboote
1020816.  Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:52 am Reply with quote

Troux wrote:
Confucius wrote:
Well, it may well be Clive Anderson. But I still rate him as an amusing panellist,

As do I - I wouldn't care if he DID see the stuff in advance, as he's consistently amusing, and also adds lots of 'off topic' items of Quite Interestingness

Quote:

I actually really enjoyed Sarah Millican, but I can't help but wonder why James May hasn't made it on, I think he would be brilliant

Oh I SO agree with you

And for a complete 'left fielder' as our colonial cousins are wont to say, while in the US I was lucky enough to be at a table with Jane Goodall
Not only is she intelligent, funny, immensely well read and well equipped with fascinating snippets, but she said that QI is her 'favourite programme in the entire world ever'

Maybe 'M' series should have a 'Monkeys and Apes' show and invite her?

PDR
1020843.  Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:02 am Reply with quote

Haven't we already had a show about americans?

PDR

chrisboote
1020863.  Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:59 am Reply with quote

PDR wrote:
Haven't we already had a show about americans?

PDR

And under which of those two are you implying they should be categorised - after all, we're all apes on this forum you know

Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3