GeoGuessr, A Google Maps Game

Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Troux
998845.  Thu May 23, 2013 8:19 pm Reply with quote

bemahan wrote:
Troux wrote:
bemahan wrote:
It should look like this. You click on the world map, where you think the location shown on the left is. Then you click on the "make a guess" button.

Sorry, but I have to laugh at your "how do I take a screen shot" tab!

Oh, the shame! I forgot it did the entire screen. It could have been worse. Thank goodness you can't see what's on the 'food diary' page. That really would be humiliating.

Perhaps?
http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Harvest-collection-semen-based-recipes/dp/1481227041

'yorz
998855.  Fri May 24, 2013 1:48 am Reply with quote

CharliesDragon wrote:
Yorz, it's obviously the inside of a South-American cave! A very deep one.

If you open the link you posted here to go to that page, right click on the picture, choose "show original" or "show *whatever size you prefer*"

It only shows me 'original size'and 'copyright'.
I'll have to give it a miss.
That really pisses me off. And it's not even 08.00. Nice start Grrrr.

Peregrine Arkwright
998871.  Fri May 24, 2013 2:39 am Reply with quote

Spud McLaren wrote:
Alfred E Neuman wrote:
... Clarkson University.
I dread to think what they teach there...
Opened quite recently. A general course with majors in Political incorrectness, bad driving and appalling taste in clothes.

CharliesDragon
998921.  Fri May 24, 2013 6:00 am Reply with quote

Fine, then click original size and see if you get a "normal" page with that. I got several options, but maybe it depends on what browser you're using or something. (I'm in Firefox.)

Troux
1056176.  Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:25 am Reply with quote

https://geoguessr.com/beta

The game has gotten some interface updates, as well as a few new country-specific versions (click on More Games at the bottom of the screen):
UK
USA
Sweden
Japan

A few observations I've made from playing too much:
-The locations are apparently not 100% random. Twice now I've been dropped in exact locations that I've been to before.
-User-submitted 36-degree panoramic pictures are fair game. If you get one of these, you're likely in a very picturesque, unique location, but you will be unable to 'walk' as you can on the streets.
-The game doesn't concern itself with fairness. I was once dropped on a nondescript beach that turned out to be a very small outlying possession of the Midway Islands. My guess was incorrect, and likely closer to the moon.

AlmondFacialBar
1092950.  Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:20 am Reply with quote

7576 points on my first attempt. And whoa, that one was mean. All I say is random piece of vegetation...

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

'yorz
1092966.  Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:32 am Reply with quote

Troux wrote:
bemahan wrote:
It should look like this. You click on the world map, where you think the location shown on the left is. Then you click on the "make a guess" button.

Going back to page 2, where is that tab? Can't see it.

CharliesDragon
1092977.  Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:07 pm Reply with quote

I got 9912 points now, although missing even the continent on the first one.

A couple I thought "This has to be Norway or Sweden!" when first seeing them, but concluded they were in the US. Turned out to be right over the border to Canada both times, so I'm satisfied with those guesses.

Troux
1101557.  Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:51 am Reply with quote

'yorz wrote:
Troux wrote:
bemahan wrote:

Going back to page 2, where is that tab? Can't see it.

In the upper right of her browser window.

AlmondFacialBar
1126562.  Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:50 am Reply with quote

Well dang... It's not quite fair when it it shows you are completely anonymous patches of grass. Hence 3371 points, which kinda sucks.

AlmondFacialBar

AlmondFacialBar
1126617.  Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:39 am Reply with quote

Oh dear... I'm getting the hang of it. Addicted.

AlmondFacialBar

bemahan
1126624.  Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:03 am Reply with quote

Troux wrote:
bemahan wrote:
Troux wrote:
bemahan wrote:

Oh, the shame! I forgot it did the entire screen. It could have been worse. Thank goodness you can't see what's on the 'food diary' page. That really would be humiliating.

Perhaps?
http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Harvest-collection-semen-based-recipes/dp/1481227041

Urgh. Missed Troux's link first time round.

AlmondFacialBar
1126631.  Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:25 am Reply with quote

Ok, just got my best so far with 10.7 kms out. I used to pass it rather regularly before that stretch of motorway was finished.

AlmondFacialBar

AlmondFacialBar
1126635.  Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:41 am Reply with quote

Fuck me! There is a residential development in the Western Cape region that looks exactly like the fugly holiday cottages in Connemara!

AlmondFacialBar

Troux
1127843.  Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:36 am Reply with quote

This game has really come along by now. Click the More Maps option at the bottom and there are many specific cities, countries and groupings. If you want ease, the New York City map really makes Manhattan's grid system shine (only figuratively, as the streets themselves are still covered in sacks of rubbish and the scabs of vagrants).

Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next