View previous topic | View next topic

GeoGuessr, A Google Maps Game

Page 2 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

'yorz
998606.  Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 am Reply with quote

I don't see a thing, just the map. Where is the location suggestion supposed to be?

bemahan
998621.  Thu May 23, 2013 3:10 am Reply with quote

I was confused to start with. I thought you had to choose a point on the map (not realising at this point that you can zoom in) and then type in where that point was.
The 'location' is the image on the left of the screen, taken from very zoomed-in google earth. You can rotate this so you can get more info if there is any. You then have to guess where on the world map that location is. It then tells you where the location actually is and how close you were.

Awitt
998625.  Thu May 23, 2013 3:27 am Reply with quote

I clicked on the world map on the right hand side, but didn't get a right/wrong score at all.

'yorz
998689.  Thu May 23, 2013 7:34 am Reply with quote

Can somebody tell me where on the black bit I can find the location suggestion? I only see a big dark space and on the right the world map.

bemahan
998693.  Thu May 23, 2013 7:58 am Reply with quote

It should look like this. You click on the world map, where you think the location shown on the left is. Then you click on the "make a guess" button.

Alfred E Neuman
998696.  Thu May 23, 2013 7:59 am Reply with quote

The bit on the left is meant to be a google streetview image of somewhere. You have a quick look about trying to work out where it is, and then you stick a pin in the map. Sometimes when my connection is playing up the streetview pic takes ages to load, or doesn't load at all. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that their bandwidth allocation on their server is taking a bit of a hit either.

bemahan
998704.  Thu May 23, 2013 8:21 am Reply with quote

One of the more obscure ones I've had but I expect many of you will be able to track it down, at least to a country, based on road surface, markings, etc. that yellow/red stripey sign must be a giveaway.

'yorz
998707.  Thu May 23, 2013 8:29 am Reply with quote

Butbutbut - nothing SHOWS on the left. *despairs*

Troux
998749.  Thu May 23, 2013 11:04 am Reply with quote

bemahan wrote:
It should look like this. You click on the world map, where you think the location shown on the left is. Then you click on the "make a guess" button.

Sorry, but I have to laugh at your "how do I take a screen shot" tab!

CharliesDragon
998770.  Thu May 23, 2013 12:02 pm Reply with quote

Haha, well observed, Troux!
I always get annoyed when people ask how to take a screenshot. My explanations are never great and mostly based on where different keys are on my computer, so it usually leaves both parties frustrated. It's good to see some people have the ability to use Google!

It also took me way too long to figure out I could zoom the world map, but when my guess was just "Well, probably somewhere in Australia" it didn't really matter.

'yorz
998788.  Thu May 23, 2013 12:54 pm Reply with quote

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77203205@N08/8804678330/

This is what I see. Nowt.
And bloody Flickr has also changed its modus operandi, and can I find how to post the screen shot straight onto here? Can I hell. Just spent bloody ages farting around. Not amused. Nobody to bloody ask.
[/rant][-ish]

bemahan
998791.  Thu May 23, 2013 1:19 pm Reply with quote

Troux wrote:
bemahan wrote:

Sorry, but I have to laugh at your "how do I take a screen shot" tab!

Oh, the shame! I forgot it did the entire screen. It could have been worse. Thank goodness you can't see what's on the 'food diary' page. That really would be humiliating.

CharliesDragon
998792.  Thu May 23, 2013 1:32 pm Reply with quote

Yorz, it's obviously the inside of a South-American cave! A very deep one.

If you open the link you posted here to go to that page, right click on the picture, choose "show original" or "show *whatever size you prefer*", then right click the picture on the page it leads you to to copy picture address (or open the box thingy and copy it from there) you get an address ending in .jpg and can use that with the image option here. I hope that made some sense.

'yorz
998801.  Thu May 23, 2013 3:02 pm Reply with quote

Thanks, CD. Will give it a go as soon as Flickr has sorted themselves out.

Awitt
998822.  Thu May 23, 2013 5:37 pm Reply with quote

I was told how to do screenshots of the school library catalogue screens whenever I got error messages. That company preferred them to then be pasted into Word documents, and then emailed as attachments.
A bit fiddly but I got good at it.

Page 2 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next