View previous topic | View next topic

Boriswatch

Page 1 of 24
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Neotenic
330889.  Mon May 05, 2008 1:01 pm Reply with quote

Now that Ken has meekly cleaned out his desk and Boris is safely ensconced in City Hall, I thought it might be fun to kick off a thread for us to keep an eye on what he is up to - and for those of us within the M25 to prattle on about Oyster cards and all those other things that people living amongst the dragons (or whatever happens out there in this mists beyond the Ring Road) may not be quite as interested in.

Anyway, this is quite a good article on what has happened so far, with a hint of things to come.

I will be particularly interested to hear about what happens at this supposed meeting with Michael Bloomberg.

Sadurian Mike
330891.  Mon May 05, 2008 1:02 pm Reply with quote

Do you have a webcam permanently trained on him? Are we liable to see his mating habits and nesting behaviour?

Tenshi
330896.  Mon May 05, 2008 1:05 pm Reply with quote

He is a large creature that can been seen at dusk scuttling towards a buffet.

[/Bill Bailey]

cnb
330904.  Mon May 05, 2008 1:14 pm Reply with quote

The Times wrote:
Londoners may be banned from consuming alcohol on the Tube within weeks.

The bastard! Circle Line parties are part of what makes London great. How dare he prohibit them!

General_Woundwort
330909.  Mon May 05, 2008 1:17 pm Reply with quote

Meek does not do justice to Ken's gracious defeat.

Neotenic
330923.  Mon May 05, 2008 1:26 pm Reply with quote

I'm not doing Ken down - and I'll admit that I did feel a tug on the old heartstrings as he read his conceding speech, and watched him amble alone into City Hall early on the morning after to clear his desk. I don't think there's any need to gloat, it was obvious that the man was feeling crushed.

But having said that, there was no way Ken would have played his defeat any way other than graciously. A temper tantrum would have been somewhat incongrouous, don't you think? He's far, far too shrewd a political operator to burn all his bridges.

General_Woundwort
330930.  Mon May 05, 2008 1:35 pm Reply with quote

Bojo, out, out, out!

soup
330935.  Mon May 05, 2008 1:45 pm Reply with quote

I will hijack this thread for one post then leave it alone . I care little about London's mayor. I do not live in London I do not even live in England so the mayor of London has virtually no interest for me. However I am not about to call for this thread to be deleted or anything like that, I shall just ignore this thread.

Sadurian Mike
330937.  Mon May 05, 2008 1:52 pm Reply with quote

Me too; I'll not even post on it.

DAMN!

General_Woundwort
330943.  Mon May 05, 2008 1:58 pm Reply with quote

Payeeee no poll tax!

tetsabb
330990.  Mon May 05, 2008 3:13 pm Reply with quote

At work we were discussing how long before he upsets enough minoriies that they become a majority, and someone loses their rag and kills him.

My money is on the end of June

About teatime

Oolon Colluphid
330994.  Mon May 05, 2008 3:18 pm Reply with quote

It would be fantastic if he turned out to do well at the job.

It's not going to happen, of course.

Not even with a multiverse.

QiScorpion
330996.  Mon May 05, 2008 3:24 pm Reply with quote

The Sunday Telegraph's front page is quite good, and I side with most of Bojo's policies, because to be honest, they are what is needed, not just in London, but in Britain as well (although i am NOT suggesting he run for PM. We can't have a toff as a ruler, that's why we removed the monarchy's power - and how about harry's campaign medal? "well done son, you gave those Iraqis a jolly good thrashing, good show, have a medal despite only having been there 10 weeks." some officers have been there for years and got nowt as far as i know.....)

anyway, I'm with Bojo on the policies listed on the ST's front page (i haven't found a list of all his policies yet) so I say good luck to him and his mop.

(as for the minorities that will rise up against him tetsabb, i'll say...... there'll be a massive great revolution on the 23rd June at around.... 11:00am. There's bound to be something that'll make me feel down after my last exam)

btw: anyone know how he's had to resign as MP for Henley? he has to do this I live in the Chilterns! Come visit them (those who live in Britain), it's an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and where I live - Stokenchurch - is home to a Red Kite Preservation Programme. *glee*

cnb
331002.  Mon May 05, 2008 3:34 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
i am NOT suggesting he run for PM. We can't have a toff as a ruler,

Surely that's for the people old enough to vote to decide :-p

I think he should be allowed to run. It's up to the voters to decide if he should win

Quote:
home to a Red Kite Preservation Programme.

And very successful it's been too. It's saved us Reading folk a fortune in road-cleaning costs, as the Kites remove all the dead rats, hedgehogs, bunnys and pheasant for us. Could you arrange for them to preserve some bigger birds that could deal with badgers and deer?

QiScorpion
331004.  Mon May 05, 2008 3:37 pm Reply with quote

cnb wrote:

Quote:
home to a Red Kite Preservation Programme.

And very successful it's been too. It's saved us Reading folk a fortune in road-cleaning costs, as the Kites remove all the dead rats, hedgehogs, bunnys and pheasant for us. Could you arrange for them to preserve some bigger birds that could deal with badgers and deer?

um.... you'll have to take that up with the RSPB.....

Page 1 of 24
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next