Olympic 'blade runner' Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend

Page 5 of 14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

tetsabb
974776.  Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:25 pm Reply with quote

AFB, was it ever Lupus?

AlmondFacialBar
974782.  Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:42 pm Reply with quote

Yes, season 4, episode 8, and they did actually have House acknowledge the running gag: "After all those years, my first case of Lupus". Or something along those lines at any rate.

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

PDR
974796.  Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:05 pm Reply with quote

I'm getting the feeling that a little standing back and letting the facts emerge might be advisable.

So far we've learned that the neighbours who apparently heard the "continuous rowing" at 4am were actually inside a house 300 yards away, and that the "needles and testosterone" were a packed of some substance which has yet to be tested at all, and which had no reference to "testosterone" on the labelling.

Me - in so much as I care at all (which isn't much) I'm going to keep an open mind until we've seen some actual evidence rather than the press-grandstanding behaviours currently being exhibitted by both sides.

PDR

PDR
974797.  Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:06 pm Reply with quote

AlmondFacialBar wrote:
Yes, season 4, episode 8, and they did actually have House acknowledge the running gag: "After all those years, my first case of Lupus". Or something along those lines at any rate.

Yes, but he never did get to give someone malaria or leprosy purely as a diagnostic technique...

PDR

AlmondFacialBar
974800.  Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:12 pm Reply with quote

Which I still find regrettable...

AlmondFacialBar

PDR
974804.  Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:23 pm Reply with quote

Indeed. It would have been so...erm...interesting!

PDR

AlmondFacialBar
974806.  Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:35 pm Reply with quote

Not having the first fucking clue what you actually look like my mental image of you while typing that post is Wilson wearing his long suffering and very patient one...

AlmondFacialBar

PDR
974807.  Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:38 pm Reply with quote

The wilson image is one I can live with.

It's about as accurate as a Jonathan Aitken pre-trial press release, but I can still live with it...

Actually my wife and daughters feel I resemble House in many ways, but apprance isn't one of them. If you form a mental picture of a young Paul Newman, perhaps with a light beard and a cultured home-counties accent that that would be equally inaccurate, but I'm sure you won't find the experiance unpleasant...

PDR

Last edited by PDR on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

AlmondFacialBar
974808.  Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:39 pm Reply with quote

Including the tie he was wearing in my mind?

AlmondFacialBar

PDR
974809.  Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:42 pm Reply with quote

[added to the previous while you were typing]

That's not a tie - it's a noose. Put there by that angry mob of northerners who are standing by with their pitchforks

PDR

AlmondFacialBar
974811.  Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:50 pm Reply with quote

Aaaaah... As for mental images, I'm really quite equal opportunities between the two...

AlmondFacialBar

PDR
974812.  Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:00 pm Reply with quote

Now form a mental image of Rab C Nesbit - not in his prime, but as if he'd really let himself go, put on about a hundred kilos and gone to seed, and with a balding head and unkempt grey beard. Would that find a place in the equal opportunities group?

Not that I need worry because it would be inaccurate - my accent isn't even vaguely scottish

PDR

AlmondFacialBar
974813.  Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:05 pm Reply with quote

Forgive me, but I think I'll stick to the Joisey Boy this started with. If indeed he is. For some reason I've Wilson down as Canadian.

AlmondFacialBar

PDR
974814.  Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:09 pm Reply with quote

It might be advisable, yes. At least if nothing else you will have less of a problem keeping food down than you would were your mental picture an accurate one.

PDR

suze
974826.  Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:30 pm Reply with quote

PDR wrote:
So far we've learned that the neighbours who apparently heard the "continuous rowing" at 4am were actually inside a house 300 yards away, and that the "needles and testosterone" were a packed of some substance which has yet to be tested at all, and which had no reference to "testosterone" on the labelling.

The one thing we perhaps have learned is that Detective Hilton Botha - the police officer leading the case, and arguing that Mr Pistorius should not be granted bail - is out of his depth.

Apparently he is one of South Africa's leading police detectives, but I'd expect him to be relieved of this investigation before very much longer.

There's a fellow called Lewis who has just retired, and who can bring his own tame pathologist along. I expect him to be sent for ...

Page 5 of 14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next