View previous topic | View next topic

Donington

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

It's a long way to the top if ya wanna rock and roll?
Yes
90%
 90%  [ 9 ]
No
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Celebaelin
50115.  Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:08 pm Reply with quote

Pubdog wrote:
Aerosmith were definately better than Whiteshite, er snake. Monster of Rock festivals were miles better than those Download festivals they have now. I went to four MOR's. ACDC headlining in '91 was one of my best, and that's available on DVD, and a good effort it is too.
No-one tops the might Metallicatz!, and Thunder and the Almighty were good for flying the Brit Flag!

I'm another Vai fan by the way (that makes 3 so far!), but Satriani is the Master!!

If it's too loud, you're too old. Amen.

As seemingly the senior member (er, ahem) I have to say everybody else is wrong and I'm right.

Satriani, Malmsteen, Vai - all to the good.

Here's my trump (excuse me while I wave it away). I got a free 'in' to Malmsteen at the Hummingbird in Brum 'cos his guitar roadies mum was a barmaid at my local and a VIP place at a Whitesnake gig (no names, no pack drill) through, erm, connections. Cool as a cool thing I had four nurses with me, or I was with them maybe - meh (stories and warnings...nah).

djgordy
50125.  Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:12 am Reply with quote

I bet you all can hardly wait until we get to the 'S' series and the team can cover spandex.

Celebaelin
50130.  Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:49 am Reply with quote

*shudders*

Strictly a black leather *leers alarmingly* and denim man.

*daydreams about former girlfriend in red and black leopard-skin pattern 'spray-ons', sighs*

Tas
50145.  Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:36 am Reply with quote

Malmsteen????? Yoiks!

*Hides*

Women In Uniform (leather or not!).......mmmmmmmmm

:-)

Tas

eggshaped
50157.  Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:10 am Reply with quote

Moderator, kindly move this thread to the "what shameless things do you like" forum.

<runs away from scary-looking rockers>

Jenny
50249.  Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:03 am Reply with quote

It's not quite shameless enough yet.

Celebaelin
50262.  Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:28 am Reply with quote

How about now?

tetsabb
50334.  Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:05 pm Reply with quote

Very Spinal Tap!!!

samivel
50345.  Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:36 pm Reply with quote

I bet the pink one is damned uncomfortable to wear

Celebaelin
50356.  Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:50 pm Reply with quote

I've seen Steve Vai playing it, or if I remember correctly an earlier version with only the two necks, one on either side. The point of the heart goes between your legs(!) and you play one neck with either hand simultaneously. You can do this with an electric because the strings vibrate in the magnetic field when you fret them so you can play two different lead lines simultaneously (yeah, right, easy as pie that - piece of proverbial). The third neck has a different pickup arrangement (double humbucker) so the sound will be different to the other two.

real_illusions
50884.  Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:06 am Reply with quote

i want that 3 necked white jem!!

:)

Celebaelin
50887.  Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:08 am Reply with quote

I'm sure Mr Vai is open to offers. NOT!

(Would you look at it? Prob'ly sounds OK too!)

Celebaelin
99716.  Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:50 am Reply with quote

Bump because of current comments in 'Inappropriate Songs' thread.

Neotenic
101008.  Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:05 am Reply with quote

I'm starting to get an unshakable urge to rush out and buy some big white trainers and a TAS-sled leather jacket....

Celebaelin
118711.  Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:58 pm Reply with quote

In a bizarre yet not entirely uncharacteristic moment of self-obsession I've decided to post a picture of my guitar to this thread. Not actually MY guitar but as close to it as I can find, right model and right paint job anyway (I sometimes claim that it's not finished yet but that may just be wishful thinking).

George Washburn Signature Series EC-29

Only mine’s got a monkey grip and the pick-ups are from a G8V, also the whammy is not attached in the photo.

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next