View previous topic | View next topic

Recent Acquisitions

Page 93 of 95
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94, 95  Next

Efros
1390902.  Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:00 am Reply with quote

The computer parts supplier I infrequently write reviews for contacted me last week asking if I was willing to review a PC case for them. I hadn't heard from them in nearly a year and had presumed the program was shut down due to covid and the price inflation currently rampant in the PC market. So I said yes, and a few days later a 15kg behemoth of a case arrived, and a further email saying they had forgot to send the included PSU and that is following. Yesterday it arrived, weighing in at a further 3kg. Investigation shows me that this particular case and PSU retails at just under $400. Not an amount of cash I would throw at a case/psu combo but you know some people do. Anyway got some PC building to do :)

Seasonic SYNCRO Q704 with Seasonic SYNCRO DGC-650

crissdee
1392228.  Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:12 am Reply with quote

New "ink", still to be coloured. Red for the dragon, black (or possibly red) for the lettering.

Left arm.

Right arm.

Not renouncing my heritage, just embracing the new...

tetsabb
1392338.  Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:04 pm Reply with quote

I went and got this today

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Sszt3zyRxC2q9w16
https://photos.app.goo.gl/C1AzzJpAR3bodTAW6

No name yet...

crissdee
1392340.  Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:14 pm Reply with quote

You have the "Z", "P", and "D", may I suggest Zaphod?

PDR
1392347.  Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:09 pm Reply with quote

If it had started with P20 rather than P18 you could have called in "Mazepin"...

PDR

AlmondFacialBar
1392348.  Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:12 pm Reply with quote

I don't usually name my cars before I've learned a bit more about the personality. Current one is the one exception, that had to be the Sidewinder.

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

PDR
1392350.  Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:25 pm Reply with quote

A snake that slithered under the emissions regulations?

PDR

AlmondFacialBar
1392352.  Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:37 pm Reply with quote

Well hawdeehaw... Also, no. The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight was playing on the radio when I stuck in the key for the test drive. Meant to be, basically...

AlmondFacialBar

suze
1392357.  Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:29 pm Reply with quote

It would be really pedantic to point out that the song in question uses the spelling Tonite, and so I won't do it.

But since we're on replacement automobiles, I have finally identified the automobile which I shall buy to replace Jürgen. That was originally meant to happen in summer 2019, but I decided there was another year in Jürgen. Then it was going to be summer 2020, but there was other stuff going on to make that complicated - while in summer 2021, I couldn't find the one I wanted.

Jürgen's replacement is also from Stuttgart, also black (as far as I'm concerned, cars of that particular make have to be black), just ten years younger.

His name is as yet undecided. I suppose he could be Jürgen II since Herr Klopp hails from Stuttgart just as Herr Klinsmann did - but Herr Klopp is only three years younger than the part time American, spent most of his playing career in the Second Division, and has a crap beard.

crissdee
1392362.  Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:53 pm Reply with quote

suze wrote:
Jürgen's replacement is also from Stuttgart, also black (as far as I'm concerned, cars of that particular make have to be black),

Imho, there is no car on the planet which does not look better for being black, providing it is clean and shiny. The car itself might be a pile of cr*p, but black paint will make it look better.

barbados
1392363.  Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:10 pm Reply with quote

crissdee wrote:
, black paint will make it look better.

Ferrari F40?

PDR
1392371.  Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:22 am Reply with quote

suze wrote:

His name is as yet undecided. I suppose he could be Jürgen II

Well the full title should obviously be:

"George the Second, by the Grace of God, King of Great Britain, France and Ireland, Defender of the Faith, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg, Archtreasurer and Prince-Elector of the Holy Roman Empire"

But that' both rather pretentious as well as a bit of a mouthful for everyday use. You could always call it "Van" since George II was the last British monarch to have led the vanguard of the army into battle, or perhaps "Anti-jack" since he put-down Jacobite rebellions, or even "Hanni" in deference to his Hanovarian connections.

But if it is black, fast and carries a 3-pointed star surely the signature label has to be "Lewis".

PDR

crissdee
1392376.  Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:00 am Reply with quote

barbados wrote:
crissdee wrote:

Ferrari F40?

Yup!

AlmondFacialBar
1392378.  Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:07 am Reply with quote

suze wrote:
It would be really pedantic to point out that the song in question uses the spelling Tonite, and so I won't do it.

But since we're on replacement automobiles, I have finally identified the automobile which I shall buy to replace Jürgen. That was originally meant to happen in summer 2019, but I decided there was another year in Jürgen. Then it was going to be summer 2020, but there was other stuff going on to make that complicated - while in summer 2021, I couldn't find the one I wanted.

Jürgen's replacement is also from Stuttgart, also black (as far as I'm concerned, cars of that particular make have to be black), just ten years younger.

His name is as yet undecided. I suppose he could be Jürgen II since Herr Klopp hails from Stuttgart just as Herr Klinsmann did - but Herr Klopp is only three years younger than the part time American, spent most of his playing career in the Second Division, and has a crap beard.

I'd still call it Kloppo. But then that's probably just me.

AlmondFacialBar

barbados
1392386.  Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:57 am Reply with quote

crissdee wrote:
barbados wrote:
crissdee wrote:

Ferrari F40?

Yup!

Not a good looking as

Page 93 of 95