View previous topic | View next topic

Recent Acquisitions

Page 92 of 96
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96  Next

Efros
1386087.  Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:48 am Reply with quote

My wife gets amused by the amount of "looking around" I do before I buy anything other than groceries. The soundbar above took me about two weeks of on and off research to decide upon. That is not unusual, and not necessarily related to the cost of the purchase. It has paid off though as I can't think of any "lemons" that we've bought over the years.

AlmondFacialBar
1386090.  Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:07 am Reply with quote

Efros wrote:
My wife gets amused by the amount of "looking around" I do before I buy anything other than groceries. The soundbar above took me about two weeks of on and off research to decide upon. That is not unusual, and not necessarily related to the cost of the purchase. It has paid off though as I can't think of any "lemons" that we've bought over the years.

I totally hear you there! I want the best value I can get and that necessiates shopping around.

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

crissdee
1386108.  Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:27 am Reply with quote

After a week of wistful gazing because the relevant shopkeep was on holiday, today I finally managed to secure possession of this handsome chap;

He now adorns the wall next to my stairs, above the replica C11th war axe. From the tip of his nose to the wall is a shade over nine inches.

crissdee
1387281.  Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:49 pm Reply with quote

This lot will come as a huge surprise........or maybe not;

Non-functioning Queen Anne style flintlock pistol.

Drill vice which looked a whole lot worse before a bath in WD40 and judicious application of grease.

Sword recovered from battlefield, probably Omdurman,

with "field repair" of hilt.

Gothic two-hander sword which probably once stood in some Victorian mock-gothic manor house with a suit of armour.

Awitt
1387283.  Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:51 pm Reply with quote

AlmondFacialBar wrote:
Efros wrote:

I totally hear you there! I want the best value I can get and that necessiates shopping around.

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

I do the same. Partly because:
a) I can only buy these things once (like last year with the tax return) or put it on layby so it has to last awhile and

b) I often need help from someone with a car for larger items so want to make the trip worthwhile.

Efros
1388399.  Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:51 am Reply with quote

Purchased this about a month ago from one of those Chinese drop shipping sites. Total cost about $4 it arrived in the mail yesterday.

Now for some of you it will be fairly obvious what it is, for others not so much. It allows me to hook up a Playstation 2 gamepad to my laptop. Now why would you do such a thing I hear you ask, well I have a hard disk from my old PS2 containing around 150 games and I've found a pretty flawless emulator that will run them on my laptop. Consequently I spent most of last night playing some old favourites, Crash, Tekken, Burnout...

Jenny
1388458.  Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:56 am Reply with quote

I'd like something that would allow me to play Repton and Lemmings on my Mac, but I haven't found anything simple yet.

Efros
1388464.  Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:53 am Reply with quote

This may work for you

https://gamesnostalgia.com/game/lemmings#download-section

Dix
1388469.  Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:19 pm Reply with quote

Oooh, Lemmings!

I probably still have the hand-written level access code sheet somewhere if I dig deep enough.

Jenny
1388492.  Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:46 am Reply with quote

Thanks Efros, but that link distinctly overestimates my technological prowess. Once we get beyond 'click', I'm fairly lost.

Efros
1388502.  Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:53 am Reply with quote

lol!

Sorry, emulators generally need some knowledge of the systems to get them working. You could try some of the online emulators, although a lot of these don't support sound. Hardware solutions tend to be in the 100 dollar range with lots of included games which I'm sure you're not interested in.

Jenny
1388517.  Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:13 pm Reply with quote

Not really!

I used to play both those games with a degree of enjoyment but can't seem to buy anything like them for the Mac.

RLDavies
1388539.  Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:23 am Reply with quote

Jenny, if you had a DMG disk image, would you be able to burn it to a CD?

Because I can get you a DMG file of Lemmings, but can't do anything with it myself in Windows.

Efros
1388541.  Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:41 am Reply with quote

Should be able to mount a dmg file directly in OSX.

Jenny
1388546.  Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:19 am Reply with quote

RLD - my Mac doesn't take CDs, sadly, but thanks for the offer.

Page 92 of 96
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96  Next