View previous topic | View next topic

Recent Acquisitions

Page 91 of 95
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95  Next

crissdee
1383773.  Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:32 am Reply with quote

franticllama wrote:
I acquired a new tattoo yesterday.

Nice work! It reminds me that I must see my artist about getting my wolf finished....

Alexander Howard
1383782.  Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:35 am Reply with quote

I keep thinking of that Smith & Jones sketch, with Griff as a tattooist working away on Mel's back:

'Nearly finished - rather an unusual one this.'

Mel then recites a long fishing story, finishing with wanting a pair of pollocks tattooed on his back.

'Pollocks?' Erm....

crissdee
1383884.  Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:08 pm Reply with quote

crissdee wrote:
franticllama wrote:

Nice work! It reminds me that I must see my artist about getting my wolf finished....

Came back from shopping today and noticed that the studio was open (he keeps irregular hours) and thought I'd drop in to book an appointment. Turned out he had just had a "no-show" so was all ready to work. Hence;

Efros
1383887.  Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:24 pm Reply with quote

You joined House Stark?

franticllama
1383905.  Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:18 am Reply with quote

[quote="crissdee"]
crissdee wrote:
franticllama wrote:

Came back from shopping today and noticed that the studio was open (he keeps irregular hours) and thought I'd drop in to book an appointment. Turned out he had just had a "no-show" so was all ready to work.

Oh, nice!

AlmondFacialBar
1385108.  Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:50 am Reply with quote

*VROOM VROOM* Meet the Sidewinder! 😊

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eJmgLt7oXidk4mc29

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

tetsabb
1385111.  Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:55 am Reply with quote

Yay!!!

Efros
1385939.  Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:46 pm Reply with quote

Last year during our long home confinement I bought a replacement TV for the living room as the heat emanating from our venerable plasma TV was ridiculous during the summer. In normal operation the TV is very good for what I paid for it (58" flat screen $228), the sound being its weakest feature. The reduction in the heat output was worth it and I think we even noticed the power bill going down slightly. The problem arises again during the summer whenever we put the air conditioning on in the living room, it is friggin loud and to get the TV to the point where we can actually hear the sound we have to take it up to volume levels that are ridiculous and frankly too much for the TV. So after the hot spell a couple of weeks ago where we had the AC going full blast most of the time I decided enough was enough and I researched and eventually purchased a sound bar. Nothing extravagant ($60) but one that had decent reviews. So it arrived today and it is like night and day. Even in normal operation (without AC) the sound is much more crisp and clearly defined, even the wife agreed despite her putting the acquisition down to me just liking gadgets initially.

This is the fella

HS205 37" wide and 2.4" square, claims to be 60W probably maximum power so more like 30W probably. Not really that important as I'm not a loud music sort of person.

RLDavies
1385970.  Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:09 am Reply with quote

I've replaced the roof.
I've had the boiler fixed.
I've repaired my laptop hinge myself.

Now I've had to buy a new printer because the old one died. After talking printers with the friend who's been kindly running off jobs for me, I've gone for one of the new "inktank" or "supertank" models. It uses liquid ink that you pour into (relatively) large reservoir tanks, rather than using fiddly cartridges. A bit pricey to buy, but very cheap to run.

This (promo) video explains how the ink works:
https://youtu.be/EtDYZDDEgV4

barbados
1385981.  Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:45 am Reply with quote

One of these, just like this

crissdee
1385983.  Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:04 am Reply with quote

@RLD. Couldn't get the image to load, but I have an Epson Ecotank printer myself. I won't say it has been entirely without problems, but nothing drastic. The savings on liquid ink over cartridges is frankly worth vast amounts of hassle anyway.

RLDavies
1386021.  Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:27 am Reply with quote

Is anyone else having problems with the image? I grabbed the first one I saw of reasonable size, and it's from some weird random site. Works fine for me, but maybe I'm the exception.

Efros
1386030.  Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:31 am Reply with quote

nope fine here,

here's a gyazo hosted version of it

crissdee
1386034.  Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:33 am Reply with quote

Looks broadly the same as mine, but mine's black and has the reservoirs round the side.

RLDavies
1386083.  Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:08 am Reply with quote

In the "there's always someone worse off" category...

I was talking about my new printer on Facebook, and a friend asked about the details of the model number and so on. I told her and she said, "Right, I'll get one of those. Our printer just decided to jump off a cliff or something."

Between January and now, they have had to replace: boiler, dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave, washing machine, dryer, CAR!! and now printer. She said, "I can't face another round of comparison shopping. You've done the looking around, you say you like it, that's enough for me."

Part of her problem is that they had their kitchen completely remodelled 8 or 10 years ago, and all new appliances installed, so of course now they all need replacing at the same time. Doesn't explain the boiler, car, and printer, but maybe they just want to join the bandwagon.

Page 91 of 95
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95  Next