View previous topic | View next topic

Dinner

Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Celebaelin
51176.  Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:45 am Reply with quote

Nope, definitely a fork, that was the joke y'see.

nidave
52341.  Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:45 am Reply with quote

eggshaped wrote:
While geographically Bolton is in the midlands I suppose, the reason we are quite unequivically in the north is due to the bottom-heavy population distribution in these isles.

I thought everywhere north of the M25 is considered up north!

Tas
52349.  Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:03 am Reply with quote

I always thought it was everything north of the Watford Gap?

Last time me and Mrs Tas went to see her folks (who live in darkest Lancashire) we drove toward a sign that simply said...

"The North"

Behind us, clear blue skies and sunshine galore...ahead of us was the ugliest, darkest cloud bank I have ever seen!

Welcome t' grim north!

:-)

Tas

nidave
52365.  Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:22 am Reply with quote

Tas wrote:
I always thought it was everything north of the Watford Gap?

Last time me and Mrs Tas went to see her folks (who live in darkest Lancashire) we drove toward a sign that simply said...

"The North"

Behind us, clear blue skies and sunshine galore...ahead of us was the ugliest, darkest cloud bank I have ever seen!

Welcome t' grim north!

Tas

I was chatting to someone (now friends) from London. We had been chatting for about 4 or 5 years by this time. Aranged to meet up for a drink in a pub, I asked if he would like to come up north to see the sites and smells of Teesside - In reply I got the answer "but its such along way why dont you come down here" to which I replied"its just as far for me to travel" the responce I got was "I never though about it that way"

Tas
52377.  Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:43 am Reply with quote

Sheesh...some people!

LOL

Tas

Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3